Sending amp in for repair....is it worth $90

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 193
I have an Old School Hifonics Ulysses Series VII. I contacted a repair guy that said he could fix it for about $80-$90.

I asked him if it would be worth it because I can replace it for about the same price. He said "NO YOU CAN'T" in a very direct way. He then proceeded to tell me that I could list that amp on ebay as is and I could sell it for $200.

I don't believe that, but is this amp that good? Or is he just trying to get me to send it in for repair? He said I couldn't find another amp that is as good a quality of that amp for less than $300.

What's the word...Repair or NOT?????

Bronze Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 83
he is prolly righht,people will pay for old amps,like the old saying nothing is made as good as it used to be,and about all the amp ccompanies are in it for marketing now days

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2873
80-90 is the average repair price. I dont think you will find any quality amps for $100 or less, So I would repair it. They old amps usually sound better then the new amps. Better curcuits, beefier components, ect. But if its worth $200 on fleabay as is, you could probly buy a decent amp then. So its a tough call.
If it was repaired, does it meet your needs as far as channels/output?

I have a bunch of old school amps. I love em.

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 32
Glove that amp would fetch 200 on ebay. Trust me I am an old school hifonics guy and know that those amps are premo amps. Some of the best sql amps ever made. Its a high current , competition, ultra rare, old school amp all us old timers love. Yeah 200 easy

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 207
Thanks for your opinions...I'm going to send it in and see what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1989
not worth 200 broken. after repair yea but not busted .!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us