Please Help...Need Amp for my Subs!

Username: Mx718

Post Number: 2
First of all i am a big time rookie so excuse if i ask a dumb question lol...I have (2) Crossfire BMF 1028 subs...I hope are good subs? I am looking for a amp to push these...I dont even know where to start...I had 2 Rockford P450.2 amps hooked up to them one on each sub and the amps kept going into cool down mode and would shut off the subs for about 30 seconds. I got rid of those...someone told me crossfire amps are good? But i dont even know what the ohms mean so i have no clue what to get! Thanks for your help
Freddie

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1344
Are these subs dual 4 ohm? Look on the magnet and tell us if it has 2 or 4 ohm coils. It should say. Also, what is the rms of these subs.

Kevin

Post Number: 3
http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/prodInfo.asp?IDProduct=216 <<<info page

300 RMS
2 or 8 ohm user switchable

Bronze Member
Username: Moz

Post Number: 29
i have a pioneer premier amp, it would over power them but thats good if you want to upgrade someday. im selling it for 350 if your interested email me wakecheer@hotmail.com

2076_310069935_152869107%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/p roduct/details/0,,2076_310069935_152869107,00.html

Post Number: 4
Someone? Anyone? All i need to know is how to match up the numbers behind the sub with the numbers behind the amp... I have a switchable 2ohm or 8ohm subs so would i need a 1,2, or 4 channel amp. Crossfire make a XP 600.4 and also a mono XP 600.1...which one would be better? Or is there better amps out there?

Post Number: 5
They are 300 RMS each...2.5" 4 Layer coil...85oz. magnet

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
they are subs so i would get a mono amp if they are 300 rms each you would want a 600 watt rms amp. run it in 2 ohm i take it they are single voice coil if they can be run at 8 ohm

Post Number: 6
yea it dont say anything about dual voice coil. So the 600 amp the way to go? Is there any one that is better than the rest or should i stick with the XP crossfire

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
personally i would stick with a mono amp and like it says 600 Watts thats probably peak you would want something with 600 rms mono or 2 channel }

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 267
That sub has to be a D4 ohm. That rockford amp is only 4ohm stable bridged (assuming it was bridged) and you were probobly running it @ 2 ohm. Also in that link you posted, it says either 2 or 8 ohm and thats only for 1 sub. The only way you can switch up ohm loads on a sub is if it has more than 1 coil. So saying if all that i just said is true, you need a mono amp that will do at least 600wrms @ 1 ohm or 4 ohm. If you get a 2 channel amp, make sure it will do at least 300wrms x2 @2 ohms, 600wrms x1 @ 1 ohm, or 600wrms x1 @4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 269
If you would be interested in a rockford p6002 amp, I have one for sale. Will do 600rms@ 4 ohm bridged, 300rms x2 @ 2 ohm. If your subs are dual 4 ohm, this amp would work.

Bronze Member
Username: Ques07

Post Number: 22
what they mean by dvc... on the sub you either have on pos one neg or 2 pos 2 neg... so if you look at the back of the sub then you will know if it is dvc or single... because he is a noobie... and the subs are single voice coil...from what i read... he has 2 of those subs... and together they are 2 or 8 ohm... i would get a 2 ohm amp... try a kicker 750.1... it's 750 but actually around 890 rms at 2 ohms so keep them down or it will blow your subs

Bronze Member
Username: Ques07

Post Number: 23
thatt will allow you to upgrade when you want better subs too...

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 194
If you read the spec sheet on them, they have to have Dual Voice Coils, but they have that plug on them to make it into either an 8ohm sub or a 2ohm sub...meaning it would be a dual 4ohm.

If you have two of these subs, and you set the plug in device on the sub to 2ohms you will either need a 4ohm 600wrms amp, or a 1ohm 600wrms amp. Depending on if you wire it series or parallel to the amp.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#par

Arrow down till you see the calculators for series and parallel...it also gives a good diagram of the wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4910
you need 600w rms at 1 or 4 ohms, i'd look for a JL 500/1 or another good brand like RD audio or Sundown.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us