Hmmm... what amp?

Username: 8ball

Post Number: 2
**complete new system for new car**
goin to be using:
1 x 15 inch fusion power-plant dual voice coil sub (RMS 400)
2 x 12 inch fusion encounter sub (RMS 200)
2 x 10 inch fusion encounter sub (RMS 150)

or possibly ditching the two 10" for another two 12"...

except i'm stuck over deciding on the amp(s)
what would you recommend? would prefer one amp, (for purely cosmetic reasons) but will use two smaller ones if necessary... please help!!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6174
budget on the whole system?

Bronze Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 74
15 hits lows better

Post Number: 3
budget on whole system = not sure yet... doing lots of overtime so shud be quite a bit

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1350
Fusion amps are ok, but personally after the change their subs aren't that reliable. Let us know budget and we can put you in something you will be happy with.

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 35
Jamie I don't know about Fusion products. I can tell you this though, Most of their products are low end stuff. I am betting the guys and girls here can find you something a lot better for the money you are about to spend. You can buy good equipment for the same price if you hunt for it.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the advice, Im probably looking at about £400-£450 for whole system, so about $800-$900... noticed that everything seems to be so much cheaper in the states, even including shipping charges... My dad is a carpenter so he can make all the sub boxes etc free of charge, so just need the raw components for my money. Many thanks everyone

Post Number: 5
Any suggestions on a better system for the money? I'm after hard hitting base lines... but keeping the sound quality as high as possible, so can play any genre on it without fear of it sounding sh*te.

Username: Schmidtyy206

Post Number: 4
I suggest that you get a 1000/1 watt amplifier powering a 12w7. This is all made by JL Audio. It will sound so clean and hit hard. You can get it cheaper off ebay brand new. 500 for the amp 500 for sub. It is definately worth the 200 dollars above your budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us