I need help bad on what amp to go with!!!

Username: Nickf22

Post Number: 1
Ok I just purchased two 12" kappa infinity subs for my 2003 Dodge qwad cab truck, to go under the seats. Now my question is what amp should I go with, and what size? I was told I need a 4000 watt amp but I don't know what brand. Can some one give me some help and tell me why? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5159
4000w amp? for infinities? what idiot told you that? post the voice coils of the subs and your budget.

Post Number: 2
I can go as high as $250, but I would like to stay around the $150-$200 range. And sorry man im not going to lie I don't know a dam thing about systems so I don't know what voice coils are.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5160
look at the subs, or the boxes they came in.

Post Number: 3
The subs are already in a box so I can't see any thing but the face of them, and I bought them from a friend so I don't have the packaging they came in.

Post Number: 4
This is what one of my friends are offering me for $200

JBL 75.4 Grand Touring Series II

4-channel car amplifier
104 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (142 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
284 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
optional internal neon lighting (accommodates Street Glow AN9 tubes or equivalent, tubes not included)
variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB per octave)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6120
dont buy anything until you find out the voice coils.....ask the person you bought them from if they know

Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 1
I would go with a decent class d sub woofer amp. Someone correct me if I am wrong but those subs are rated at 300 or 350 rms.You can get a 850 watt Planet Audio class d amp for 100 bucks on ebay. Its quality made by Zed audio and will draw very little current.Not to mention is made in the Usa. The amp you have listed above is a pretty good amp, it would push them with out any problem. If the subs are 4 ohms bridge each side to one sub.

Username: Chevysitinsideways

West suffield, Connecticut Usa

Post Number: 8
hey, whats up kenwood makes a nice duel channel amp ill get the modle number they sell them at bestbuy there pretty nice 1000w will power those fine this amp is 900RMS and im guessing those subs r duel or single voice coils here are the links they run from 100-250 dollars this is in ur buget-
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8226564&type=product&id=1166840602 629 - kenwood

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8356414&type=product&id=1177112668 775 - pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 384
hey man^^^ kenwood amps for the most part junk. don't buy audio equipment from bestbuy aka worstbuy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us