about how much real power will the brutus 2006 2000 put out

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 231
Now i know a lot of ppl have asked this but looked for it on google and hade no luck so

I will have the brutus on a ka 2000 and 200 amp alt

Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 3
It depends on What series of brutus you have and what ohm load you have it in.

But here are the specs for the 2007 brutus series

BXi 606 600-Watt x 1 RMS @ 1-Ohm
BXi 1206D 1200-Watt x 1 RMS @ 1-Ohm
BXi 1606D 1600-Watt x 1 RMS @ 1-Ohm
BXi 2006D 2000-Watt x 1 RMS @ 1-Ohm

Typically as you ohm loads get lower (more subs make your ohms get lower)you wattage output increases

So by using 606 as an example and 4 ohm subs you can figure this way

4ohms ( one 4 ohm sub in parallel ) = 150 watts rms
2ohms ( two 4 ohm subs in parallel) = 300 watts rms
1ohm (three 4 ohm subs in parallel)= 600 watts rms

Hope this helps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Just proof read my post you would need 4 4 ohm subs to get 1 ohm load not 3. 3 will actually get you a 1.3 ohms

Sorry Its late am I am tired

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 232
jamey you have to be tired i said 2006 2000w and the 2000w brutus only comes in 1ohm it is funked up that a noob was the only guy to take on my ?

not to be a azz jemey but if you dont know a lot of amps dont put out the power that the company says it will some are a bit overrated and some are just right out funny as he11 i was looking for some one who has hade the brutus ran for a test to see the real rms

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12833
Jamey was just trying to help..whether u like the answer or not....

anyway...a 06 brutus on a proper charging system will see close to if not 2000rms...now how long it will put out those type of numbers, and with how much distortion. is another story

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
bumpndatruck I know amps, I bet I have owned well over 500 or so. Seriously if you want an honest answer I will shoot you straight. Quit buying chinese made junk and save you money and buy a good amp.The new hifonics line is absolute garbage. Sad thing is I use to be a hifonics fan.And just for the record where did you say a 2006 brutus rated at 2000 watts?

You said (I will have the brutus on a ka 2000 and 200 amp alt)So maybe your more tired than me?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 237
the post head line says about how much power will a hifonics brutus 2006 2000 put out most guys here know just what im talking about when i say that and i put money in other things on my car such as rims and tvs so a ok amp for a verry good price is ok with me not to say it is dumb to pay a lot for a verry good amp

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12843
Nice system>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nice Rims

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 238
well i have both Chauncey

and you will find out jamey the hifonics line is not that bad for the money in this time and day yea there are far better amps that give back to the economy with better bild quality but for the price it is ok

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 139
With my cousin ( Dre - Owner of Audio Concepts, used to be SynQuest Sound ). He told me, Hifonics amps are actually regulated by 12.8 - 13.1 volts.

Your BXi2006D is rated like this:
----------------------------------------
4-ohm - No solid rating, but puts out approx. 500-750 rms.

2-ohm - peak RMS is 1396.2

1-ohm - peak RMS is 1924.?

* What I mean by peak RMS *

After around 4 - 7 mins. of play, the amp attempts to, as you call it, distort. Instead of the constant 1875 - 1924 rms rating, it goes to 1400 - ????(Varies) rms.
----------------------------------------

Hifonics is a GREAT company for the price... But there's TOO many variables that need to be figured out w/ them.
Take for instants: Brutus 1600(BXi1606D)
Good amp, great rating... When your electrical system is 14.4v-15.35v , it begins to be UNSTABLE. ( I know this by personal experience ). BUT! @ .5ohm with a 14.4v system, it's STABLE. But in your box it says, Not recommended. ( This also goes for the BXi2006D ). I've seen more Brutus amps come back fu[ked up @ recommended ohmage than .5ohm.

If I were you: I'd go w/ (4) 4ohmDVC subwoofers, wired down to .5, and roll with it.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 240
nice way to put it dj i think that is what jamey was trying to say

but im not a big fan of running my amps past what the realy should be ran at so i will get one more bxi2006 and some good subs that are 1 ohm ad put one on each of them

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 241
Will that work out DJ im not sure my self but the subs should run at one ohm mono bridged on each amp right

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 143
It will just as long as:
1) The voltage is equally distributed between each amp.
2) Each speaker is a Dual 4s or Single 2s. ( That way you'll get your 1ohm load on each amp. * If you're plannin' on runnin' 4 )

Yeah... It will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us