Basic 4 channel Amp for new car

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 420
I'm looking for suggestions for a good solid 4 channel amp. Bought a new Chevy HHR and the base stereo is WEAK in comparison to my Honda. This car will not a have a sub installed, just want to upgrade stock speakers and power them properly.

I plan on using MA Audio HK65s. That decision is firm. I've used them, I like them for the money. Just want a reputable brand that puts out 50+ RMS to each channel @ 4ohm. I've been out of the car audio loop for a while so don't know what's good anymore.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 658
I like my Elemental Designs NINe.4 personally. Works great, 65w to each channel. There's always old school PG and PPI for sale where where I live so you could check your local used listings.

NINe.4 $245
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=46

B-Stock NINe.4 $175
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?products_id=375

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Anyone else?

Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 7
You can get a good planet audio amp on ebay for 60-70 bucks. They are made in the usa by zed audio.Anyone who has every owned any amps made by zed will tell you they are the best of the best.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1388
Decent (budget) Profile AP1040

Good -
RF P4004
Alpine MPR-F450
MTX TA3404

Better -
Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F
MTX TA5604

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
How about a RF P450.4 for $155 shipped? 60w X4 @4ohm

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4942
Mazdaman,I know exactly what would fit your bill reliably and cheaply.Go on Ebay and look for the company or seller Hifisoundconnection and look into a Kicker KX350.4 refurbished amplifier.It will run you a bit over 100 dollars and will come with a 3month warranty that IS honored by Kicker.That little amp will put out 60watts RMS x4 at 4ohms.It's a good strong little amp and is very easy on the wallet.I recommend it highly at the price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us