Wiring Opinions

Username: Gettindegreez

Post Number: 5
Ok I'm in the process of building a system for my car and I'm trying to decide the route to go as far as amp selection. I have an Infiniti G35 coupe and there are 6.5 components up front and a 6.5 midrange in the back. What I'm planning on doing is putting a 2 way component up front and a midbass in the back. Both are rated at 4 ohm and combined they'll take 220w RMS.

My question is that instead of getting a 4 channel amp and running 120-150watts to each speaker could I wire the front components and the midbass together in parallel so my amp see's a 2ohm load? This way I could use a 2 channel amp that puts out 300+watts x 2channels into 2 Ohms.

I thought about either using the Diamond Audio D7152, Hifonics ZXi1006(overkill?), or the Hifonics ZXi 6006. What do yall think about this, I am going for SQ here, will wiring this way affect that if the amps are able to output it and still be completely stable?

Username: Gettindegreez

Post Number: 6
Yeah I know the Hifonics are nowhere near the same league as the Diamond D7s I can just get them for a real good price for the wattage, and the D7 is a limited time offer, but if you know any good amps that are high in power and 2channel, 2ohm stable feel free to share, below $400 though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us