OT - Ruckus

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6063
anyone use this to download music? my friend swears by it but i havent used it yet....it says 'legal' but i doubt it is....im done with limewire and just looking for another place to download music at....thia place legit?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2809
DC++ and BitTorrent.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 867
IRC is the greatest thing you can use to download anything.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6068
what is IRC?

and brad, can i download just single songs on BitTorrent? DC++, ill have to go check out

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 331
utorrent and btjunkie.com

(more stuff online then Bittorrent.com, plus it gives you a list of everything that you're dnlding in that file, for instance if you dnld a cd or movie, it gives you a list of songs or scenes so you can pick and choose, etc.)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3507
Uncle RukuS!!!!!!!! haha Boondocks pWnz

Gold Member

Post Number: 3508
www.mIRC.com and google XDCC Klipper and follow instructions to install...... nothing beats it expeccialy for new realeases before they are realsed

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
i still say utorrent and btjunkie.com is better, more seeders, more available options, plus I got 300 the second day it was out, and a few of my fav cd's about a week or so prior to release. just to touch on the statement you made about getting things out before their release.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
300 in dvd quality at that. not that g@y video recording where you see shadows walking across the screen

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2808
ruckus is what my university uses to download music legally it's legit.... i havnt tried it yet though

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 618
irc - internet relay chat, rukus is prob sharing just amoung the campus thats why it's prob somewhat legit. i used to use the really old versions of piolet for years. then now the damn thing is having connect issues, i been bouncing thrugh a few diff ones and i'm really liking "ares 2.0.9.3030". btw a f.y.i torrents are very very rare that u can get one song. almost all torrents are full albums, unless you use a spin off like limeshittt or k azz something like those but most are virus riddled and eff things up.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 981
I have been using Limewire for a couple years and haven't had a problem with it until a couple days ago. Now all of a sudden I get all kinds of sh!t piled up in my programs list. Probably a virus or something. It sucks because I think I just fu<ked up my brand new computer.

I went to mirc and it wants my email address and sh1t. I don't know about that one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
look up ares and don't sweat it mark. just back your stuff up then reformat the comp all will be well. just remember it's not possible to eff a comp up unless u do something physical to it. software is just awalk in the park to fix compared to other crap. so tenchnically no, u didn't eff the comp. screw it up, prob just back ur stuff up while u can then worry about it later. look up "ares 2.0.9.3030" u'll be happy, lastly tht program problem i always had with limeshitt that's why i hated it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3515
i got the dvd rip from mirc b4 it even came out :-p

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
I've never had any problems with torrents or the program I use, I can dnld single songs, but what you do is dnld the file for the whole album and then when you open it with utorrent you can pick which songs you do and don't want since they come in separate files in the album. so I don't know what rarities you're talking about. I use to use bearshare and limewire but all the vires and pop ups and shut got old.
when I was in colorado we used a thing called mytunes, which is basically the equal to DC++ you have to set up a network and all and you're just sharing through the campus/dorms, etc. but then itunes came out with a patch that kept anyone from doing it anymore.

Silver Member

Post Number: 635
what i meant was when using a single downloader like bittornado, bittorrent, blah blah those work diff then u torrent. there is no file selection, just click and dload.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us