To port or not to port...is it worth the lost space?

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 130
Hey all, I'm a noob when it comes to this porting business...so here's the question-

As I have posted b4, I have 2 V-Max 12s (older style svc) w/500wrms going to them. They're in a sealed 2 ft cubed box stuffed with fill. (this was minimum recommended size on website)

If I change only the box to ported and keep the same power will I really notice that much of a change? And how big will the box have to be?

ps...It is in a '96 Camry.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6752
hello noob....

v-max you mean verwin vega right????

yes you will notice a diference in loudness but the drawback will be alil bit lack of low end response but it wont be too much of a diference....

the v-max likes medium small to medium large in other words medium sized boxes...

the perfect box for a pair of those woofers will be 2.392 cub ft and they DO like ported better than sealed...

those v-max likes high tuning the best tuning form them will be 42hz but i think thats too much so you have to go with something else.. 36hz will work wonders...

welll any way yoru box have to be...

2.5 cb ft with 1 aeroport 4 inch each one in diameter 7.87 inch long.. and you will have a nice soudning box for your subwoofers :-)

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 133
That seems too simple...where can I order the port? Is ot much different than just a tube?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6760
partsexpress.com

and realmofexcursion.com go to store

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1562
LOLif you wanna be cheap you can use just a pipe like u said but the areo port has smooth rounded edges

yeah ported boxes arent had to make i couldnt belive it was that simple till i fully grasped it LOL

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 135
Right now th subs are facing to the back...when I build the new box shoul I chang that?

And thanks for the help!

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1568
wut would make u want o change it????

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 137
Well,

I'm just wondering if changing the sub location would help output at all.

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 138
Bueller...Bueller...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us