Need some professional assistance!!

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4826
Right now im stumped..

I installed my a/d/s 346cs components last night to a jl 300/2. Everything is hooked up right. I turn on the car and their is a HIGH PITCHED whinning noise coming from my right tweeter (i only have the right tweeter hooked up on the right side of my car) i figured it was alt whine, cause i have 2 strands of power wire runnin from my bat to my two amps and then one signal cable running with those two power wire's.. So i moved the signal cables to the other side of the car, and i turned the car on again, once again there is a whine, but only at very low volume, its not as high pitched, just a low tone whine.. does anyone have any suggestions???!!!!!!

thanks

BM3

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 615
more than likely you're power wire running to the amp is giving the speaker wire interferance.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 616
but if messing around with the power wire doesn't do anything then try grounding your amp to another spot

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15158
what head unit is it? if its pioneer then try grounding the rca to the chasis of the head unit.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4827
its a kenwood HU, maybe i should just disconnect the power wire that im not using from the batt, so i dont have to take it out of the car and stuff.. cause i have 2 strands of power wire, ill disconnect one from the batt and see if that does anything

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4828
the noise will go away when i undo the postitive of the RCA thats connected to my amp, but i think thats obvious because it wouldnt be getting any RCA power then so it just turns off

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4829
so i disconnected the power wire from the batt, and just used the one power wire to run the my amp. I put the RCA's on the other side of the car and i turned it on and still their is the small buzzing/humming noise coming from my tweeter at low volume, and then at high volume it sounds distorted as hell. iv messed with my level on my amp and nothin yet. anymore ideas? im gonna be trying a diff ground now, but i dont know if thats the problem cause i have always used this ground..

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 441
Have you checked the speaker wire going to that specific tweeter?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6756
check for ripped rcs... also make sure your amplifier heatsink is not touching any wires... apiece of metal you dont have it mounted on the chassis since the mosfets are connected to the chassis and if you put the chassis on something that will touch the ground it will interfere with the mosfets etc....

anyway check those two... if all that doesnt fix the problem check your head unit... if nothing works it might be your crossovers from the components...

try to power them up with the amplifier without the crossover juzz to check if they still have that whining noise :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us