OT> Hyperbrights?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 323
I have a blazer and I wanted to get those white headlights that come on the Escalades and 350z. I've heard the name Hyperbrights, but I also heard they were expensive. Does anyone know about this, or an alternative that would be affordable?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Also, anyone know where I can get some 17" Steel Blacks ?

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 128
i got a set of h.i.d. 8000k super blue white bulbs i will sell you for 50 shipped ...bnib...never opened or touched

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 129
my bad ....30 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4781
Make sure those lights are legal in the area you will be driving in.I believe you can get a ticket in some areas for certain lights but I don't know the full details so...just do some research before you put aftermarket lights in.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 130
well i heard of that too but what are they gonna do if they come out on factory cars though...casue now a days alot more cars come out with them and i hope they wouldnt rite u a ticked for something that comes factory....but i dont no...

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
are they pretty universal = meaning, would they just screw right in to my blazer. is it true you can't touch the metal or bulb or something, cause the oil on your fingers will crack the bulb?

anyone on those steel blacks?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1840
well if you want to go for the real deal, you'll need an HID kit and a projector housing. you can go without the housing, but i'd definitely add one later if possible. a good HID kit will run you $250+ depending on what model you need.

if your going to go with bulbs, PIAA and sylvania are your best bets. i had the sylvania silverstar ultras, and ppl always thought i had my brights on. they weren't blue but they were very white. looked good. one bulb messed up after about 8 months though. since then ive had PIAA spark blue 8k's. they look sweet, but they aren't too bright

btw, i'm in ny and haven't been bothered once for them

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
well how do the HID 8k super blue white bulbs compare with those sylvania's? Price and efficiency wise?

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 132
sylvania's are a lil better and alot more expensive.....if u want mine u can hit me up on aim at j69noel

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
you still haven't answered my question: will they fit right into my blazer headlights, and is it true that if you touch the metal it shatters the filement or something because of the oil on your hands?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1841
what metal on are you talking about? if you touch the glass it might. as long as you clean it thoroughly after it has contact with something you should be fine though

bulbs are not universal. use this

sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 926
i got some sylvania 9006 bulbs pretty bright for 40 bucks

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 615
i'll clear up a myth, the oil thing, most bulbs like mecury vapor and halogen bulbbs are senseitivve to oils. the oils get on the bulb , cause light fracturement and heat displacement differences. it strains the filement and boom blown bulb,the crack thing prob refers to the bulb blowing. think about it like a mirror, thats what high intensity lights start to do. i never owned any but know my way around cars fairly well and can almost guraentee they won't fit . lasty from what i remember on esculaids theres a transformer stored in the headlight housing to help produce the wattage needed for the lights. that's why there was a bunch of news stories in ny about how thiefs were stealing the transformer box do to how much they were worth. bottom line theres no easy cheap soloution to what your asking. lastly whats the point? u wanna blind ppl get some high intensity fog lights and save yourself the trouble putem on a switch.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 616
the metal he means the socket, so no the socket on the bk of the buulb has nothing to do with it. if ur so nuts about it, where latex gloves on a install or handleing.

Bronze Member
Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 92
sylvania silverstars the only dot approved bulbs on the market about $40 at any major parts store

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 134
yes i think theyre universal

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
the interweb is telling me $50 at advanced for the silverstar ultra, I'll ask one of those idiots if the bulbs are universal pretty much, then I'll get back to you. If not, what's the lil item code or whatev on it?

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 135

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1623
yo man, yuo can get colored bulbs, but dont theyre garbage...

the silverstars are nice, a buddy of mine with a cobalt ss has em and they're real bright...

however, go to modexpress.com and order their HID kit, a buddy of mine with a civic got em, and they look just like xenons man, they are rediculously bright

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
that link didn't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us