Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 23
a) DD9518
b) Solo X 18

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1319
Depends, what kind of power are you playing with, and what are you wanting out of the sub?

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 24
my son is looking for a daily driver/ spl set up he was going to build a box with aeroports so he can tune it down low for daily driving but then when he wants to do a competition change ports and hit a high number he has a hifonics XXV goliath its to go in the back of his 2000 cougar

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1917
i personally like dependability so i'd say daily driver would be dd....

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12789
"he can tune it down low"

well neither of those subs are gonna like a low tuned box for daily driving....maybe a alpha if you need a 2000rms+sub

Bronze Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 25
also might as well throw the 9918z in the mix up please everyone add your input everything is welcome about either sub what he was thinking was tuning it around 35 36 for the daily driving

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 534
I hope hes got a good charging system for that Goliath. That 18" Kicker would be ridiculously loud. Check into a Fi BTL 18" fully loaded or a RD audio SHW

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3498
I dont think they even make the 9918 anymore...

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1918
"Check into a Fi BTL 18" fully loaded" hey talk about something i havev2of :-)let me know if u go that route.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4768
"well neither of those subs are gonna like a low tuned box for daily driving....maybe a alpha if you need a 2000rms+sub"

That's funny because my Solo X hit the lows better than anything tuned to 32hz.Hmm...I wonder if you've ever used one Chauncey,you must have after saying that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4783
After owning an 18'' Solo X myself I have to continue to recommend going with the DD 9518.It's an all around better sub in my opinion.So for many reasons I'd choose the 9518 over the Solo X.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15143
i have to agree with rob. i know a few people around here that owns a solo x so i've heard plenty. it hits LOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW. might not be as musical as i would like it to be but it hits low. but then again its a spl sub so it don't need to be musical. :-)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1322
We can build a RD Super Heavy for SQ for a daily application. What kind of electricals wil you be running? Shoot me an email if want more info on the RD's.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1626
ide go DD or with the suggestion above from kevin

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 434
I LOVE the way my btls sound on music- tight and controlled while being loud enough to do some good numbers. Even one is enough to make an impressive ground pounder- especially in a small car.

If you are looking for more of a daily thing than spl the RDs sound great, but are really more sq oriented than staight out spl. At a certain level you really cant tell sq anyway.

I'd rather see two subs than 1 with that power, but I guess space doesn't really allow. An 18" BTL, RD heavyweight (or omega when they're out), or DD 9518 would be great. I chose the BTLs over the solo-x's, and I was able to get dealer price which was less than the btls.
Most people who kill their subs, solo-x or any of the others mentioned did so because of mistakes with their setup, or inexperience.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us