SATs

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1612
Who here has taken the SAT recently and what'd you get and did you do anything specific to boost your grade when you take it the second time if you took it the second time...i don't feel like wasting my parents money OFFICIAL COLLEGEBOARD studyguides that cost like 50 dollars...

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 62
haha thats funny i had to register myself the other day i just bought some 20 dollar one but its still like 23948023948320 pages. i put it next to the toilet so it'll get read a little bit. but i haven't taken it yet and i'm already a senior. i think i take it this october 9th. and i'll probably need to take it again. sats are gonna suck

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1541
Well I never took the SAT but I took the ACT. I can't tell you what to do, but for me personally - I started to do those study tactics and quit real quick. They were time consuming and I didn't think they would help me personally. Anyways I took the test once and did well. I took it again and did even better. Bottom line, buy the book if you honestly think you'll spend some time with it. Also, I would count on taking it more than once, even if you do well. Just knowing what to expect the second time should help you do better. Well that's enough rambling. Hope it helps.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 308
i stayed in state for school so i only took the act. your school might offer study groups and a psat. look into those.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1613
well i got a 1980 on the sat and a 28 on the act the first time and im gonna retake the sat bc i wanna get a free ride to a school....if i get a free ride, my dad said hell buy me any like sub 30k dollar car, so i now have incentive to bust my azz studying for those tests bc youre right, studying for those things is the most time consuming thing in the world and you feel like you're getting nothing out of it

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1545
Wow. I want that offer! I managed a 30 on the ACT but never took the SAT. I would definitely get the book and study it hard. Any amount of time is worth 30K and a free education. What score do you need for a free ride?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1615
idk, depends on the school...you'd probably do real well on the sat....ummm my brother got a free ride with like a 1370 (out of 1600) which would be about a 2050-2100

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1546
That's awsome. All I can say is study your a** off. It will pay off. Either way good luck man.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1620
ahah thanks man, yea i take it october 6th just registered like 10 minutes ago.....in all seriousness though, i could be so much more productive if the test went from like 11-4 instead of 7-12

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1549
yeah for sure. I hate how they do that.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1921
1 got a 1360 on SAT so i guess i would have just missed free ride

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6052
i got a sat book that i bought to help me....it does help

take many practice tests

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4214
i took the SATs
ppl put to much emphisis on it, its really not a hard test.
Just long, i didnt study for it or anything and got a 1020 on it( not a great score but enough for a 75% scholar ship)

just get good sleep the night b4 or youll fall asleep while your taking it

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1922
fvuck practice test n' sh!t. i went w/ a hangover n' a lil burnt....blind 2

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1624
haha JK niiiiiiice

and yea driving, it's really not that hard, but im just lookin for some ways to improve

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 436
I got a 1200 something a few years back when I took it. lol- they had to wake me up in class to bring me a little certificate saying I was in the '1200+ club'.

from my understanding its a bit different now. I did enough to get some $ towards tuition though. Funny thing is I only graduated because I was able to do programming and web design and fake a semesters worth of work in 15 minutes ;) .
I got straight A's in computer classes, but flat out told my teachers in the others I refuse to do busy work. I got A's and B's on most my tests, but 0's for homework and repetetive class work, sooooo... I never understood why they have to see a handwritten pos when you can ace the tests.

I stayed out till about 3-4 with this reeeeeaaaaallllly hot red-head I was dating at the time and took the test at 7:30 the next morning, so I will recommend DON'T DO THAT lol...
Just study, eat right, and sleep good the night before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us