Extra batt?

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 349
ok well i've researched it myself and asked a few people but have gotten mixed results. i have a 90A alt. and i will have big 3 soon. but my question is if i want to run 1500rms can i put a hc1800 in the back and be done with it? and will it effect my alt?
i know i should get an HO alt but if i can do it with just a batt it would be a whole lot cheaper.
opinions are appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1801
i have a khc 2400 and 1400 for sale.

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 352
yea i saw that on ca.com. i wanna make sure it wouldnt hurt my alt but if it doesnt i might want the 2400. how much?

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 354
bump for help

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6466
For all those that say dimming lights can be fixed with extra battery, read this. It's from Kinetikaudio.com's site.

"I bought a Kinetik Power Cell and my lights are dimming again, why?
You may want to have a professional check your alternator and charge then load test the starting battery. Adding more power will only temporarily fix the problem if your alternator is not charging the system. "

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 355
ok so if i got a batt and im bumpin for a longer period of time and the amplifiers are pulling more from the alt than it can produce it will take power from the batt in the back right? and what happens if i bumped long enough to drain the extra battery?(not that i would play it for that long)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4794
Do you really want to risk damaging your amplifier,subwoofer and other electronics?You may also blow your alternator up and then you're stuck paying for one either way.Quit being cheap and get a high output alternator.

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 356
im not being cheap but if i can run 1500rms by only buying a batt then i would want to do that. the only price quote ive gotten do far for a 170A alt was $640. im still waiting to here from a couple of others that i know will be cheaper but i just wanted to see if i could do it with just a batt. thanks for your input rob. (but you don't have to be so mean)

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 856
Phil, I have been running an extra battery for months. It will actully help you. But while you have it, I would start putting money back for an HO alt, because if your stock alt ever goes out, it gives you an excuse to buy one.

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 249
chase how much do you want for the 2400 kinetik?

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 358
i think he already sold it http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255333&highlight=kinetik+hc2400

and thanks nick

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1704
extra batt acts as a buffer, and a lil trick that really helps is if you get a batt charger and do a 2 amp trickle charge twice a week or so. it will help your power porblems, but it is not a fix for an insuffienct charging system

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1628
phil get like a 300amp HO alt then get like a 4000rms amp and upgrade your subs

problem solved...you dont have a HO alt for only 1500rms you have one for 4000rms

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 361
lol makes sense
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us