Upgrading.

Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 8
Currently I'm running 3 10" MTX thunder 7500's in a sledgehammer enclosure, 2 Ohms, with a clarion DPX11500(supposedly 1500 wrms, but I've been told it doesnt put out nearly that), and I'm getting ready to upgrade to something bigger. I've been thinking about getting 2 MTX 9500 12" or 15" subs and I'd like some other opinions. I listen to mostly metal, hard rock, rock, and sometimes I'll throw in rap. Will not sacrifice SQ for SPL, I want both. What would you guys recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 918
First thing we will need to know is your budget. Then, have you done any electrical upgrades? IF you get an amp that really puts out 1500watts rms, you may need to.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 919
First thing we will need to know is your budget. Then, have you done any electrical upgrades? IF you get an amp that really puts out 1500watts rms, you may need to.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6385
that clarion is a GOOD amp and is not overratted

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 9
Just contacted Iraggi about a 300 amp alternator, I'll be getting that in a couple of months. Getting an optima yellow top, already purchased some more 1/0 ga. to replace factory +/- wire, running a 5 farad Alumapro CAP. Budget's not a big deal, I'll just piece it together til it's done if I can't afford it all right away :-) I can get the 9500 12"s for about $750(pair) w/ free shipping, TE4001 for $1k, free shipping. Or I could just get the 9500 12"s(dual 4 ohm) and another clarion amp for $300. lol. I've always been interested in IDMax's or Adire Brahma's, but I've always stuck with what I know works. That's where you guys come in now :-)

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1758
Sound good. Just one thing...dont replace the factory wiring just add to it.

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 10
btw, this is in a 2001 Bonneville.

Bronze Member

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 11
and what about 3 JBL Gti 12"s?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts