Explain something to me?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1694
how come people need so much power for a daily driver setup?

people asking for 2500 watt amplifiers and such .. cmon now guys ...

get one good woofer ... one good 1000 -1500 watt amplifier ... do it right the first time and be done with it

it just bothers me ... i dont know how other people feel .. just my .02 cent

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 849
Mike, alot of people start out with that much power, but then when the addiction grows, you want louder, and louder. I guess you just get used to 1k rms and it isnt even loud anymore. So then people want 2k. That's just how it works. If people want loud as f*ck, then they will get it.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1184
Uh yea, its the addiction.

I went from 400 RMS... to 1500 RMS.... to 4000 RMS

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2214
Re sx 15, Massive p1500, HO alt and batt....works good for me. I dont think i will be getting a bigger system...dont need one.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1695
im not even running an HO Alt... upgraded battery and big 3 ... depends on how efficient your amplifier is ...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9957
Man car stereos are getting to be like tv's. When I was young if you had a 19" color tv you were special. Now anything less than 60" and you're squinting. If you had 500w in your car you were head of the class. Today that's considered low end entry level. If you were to pull a marty mcfly and show the locals a 20k system you would make the evening news.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 282
lol not including in bastop you would make it to a court room lol

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1905
yea dude i went from 110 to 1700 to 8k

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 318
my 500w system I had was pretty d@mn loud, but I didn't realize how bad the SQ was until I got a single 12 on 1000w...which is louder at some fqs. But I'm satisfied.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6031
im happy with 1k but i hope to move up in ladder soon. not because its not loud enough but just cause i wanna experience it and you never can be too loud.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 391
i started on 1000rms, then went to 1600, and now i'm thinkin hard about going up higher..

the reason u ask....cuz i want to see what it takes to not be able to breath hardly. i remember in my older bro's Caddy, i coudn't swallow my saliva, the bass hit soo hard, i'm trying to achieve that.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1617
i went from 1000 rms 12" to 2 12s on 1600 rms, but now im back down to 2 12s on like 1200 rms, but it'll be the cleanest sounding setup...got tired of bumpin so damn loud....after a while it was totally unnecessary

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1618
edit...."so damn loud" ..... for ME that is, some people think that my setup would be nothing

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12142
i too have said it b4 - 1000wrms on bass is more than enough for comfortable daily music

but thens there r the bassheads & ppl who just like to show off ......

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1762
Does it really matter? You can get just as loud off of 500rms if done properly. If someone wants to spend the money on the electrical upgrades and such, what is it to you? People have different tastes on what they want their system to be.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3420
Ok, pull up in your 500 rms and I will pull up with my car and only turn it up 1K worth... Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5063
just depends alot on how effciant the sub is and even though alot of people have daily setups they still like to be louder then all their friends.

even 1k is pushing it on alot of cars because you will need a HO alt and stuff so after you get that you have all this power on tap so why not take advantage of it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1763
1k? Arent you running a xx6500 at 16v for daily?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 321
hence the "worth" part of his statement...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1764
true......too bad he blew his sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us