Type R or Comp VR...plz help

Silver Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 160
So i just got a new truck 1998 toyota 4x4 ext cab, im going for 2 10's in the back and i cant decide if i want type-rs or comp vrs...which will be better for SPL and better for SQ. Im leaning towards the type-r cause ive heard its an all around decent budget sub

Silver Member
Username: Paogr

AthensGreece

Post Number: 136
type-r

Username: Drbworld

Post Number: 10
funny, i friend just blew his kicker cvr 10" and upgraded to a alpine type r 10" still in a ported box. The type r hit as loud as the kicker but alot cleaner. he's also only pushin 300 true rms. not quite enough for a type r i believe. I have a alpine 10" as well but in a small sealed box which doesn't sound as loud but alot cleaner and tigher. go ported if you can with tuning. I think it may sound better

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5080
type r will have slightly better sq.
cvr will have more output. until you start doubling the power to the r.

so it all comes down to the power you'll be using. 600w or less i'd say cvr. more than that the r.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12764
"funny, i friend just blew his kicker cvr 10"

How much power was he sending it...unless he was throwing about 700-1000rms daily, i doubt he just blew....

And for my personal taste i like the cvr's better but thats just me...the type r is a nice sub though

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12138
IMO & i used both , kicker cvr is food but i'd go type R which is far superior in both loudness & SQ ....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12140
wtf ^^ i typed food LOL , it should be good ...duh

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9954
Edit your post Rovin.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2212
i almost agree with ctmike, but i favor the sound quality of the type r over the small gain in spl with the cvr
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us