Speaker make popping noise...

Bronze Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 71
My door speaker and tweeters are making a poping noise on some songs with alot of bass with the volume up. The weird thing is, they only do it when its realy hot like during the day, but at night the never do it. What could be causing this?

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 52
that is really weird mine are doing it too. i have my subs hooked up to a stock radio in my tahoe and whenever i hook my ipod up to it via cassette the door speakers go out/pop when the volume on the ipod is too high or theres a lot of bass. its like the bass is draining the power to the speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 37
Your speakers might be overworked. Older speakers/subwoofers can "crack" or "pop" while playing after a lot of use, especially excessive use. I had a popping sub a while back and unfortunately, there was nothing I could do about it, so I just ended up getting new subs.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1557
yeah the vcs are lettin go eventually it will just get so bad tha ull ot want to listen to it anymore

and the reason why it happens on hot days is cuz of the heat when tha vc s already hot (from the sun) then u play music it turns into an oven an caused all kinds of problems

thats what happen to my 6x9s after 3 days of use

u might als be clipping ur speakersto which causes even more heat which leads to failure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us