OT - somas...

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2240
just wanted to say that this really is kinda the muscle relaxer of muscle relaxers. i had never taken one until today.

my work just recently got an oddball job that required me to drill 180 holes through 1/8th inch steel in like record breaking time and im not used to that. i usually only have to turn wrenches and hit stuff with hammers so i was SORE. most of my entire upper body ached bad and was actually causing me pain when i had to move more than my muscles wanted. also, half of the holes i had to drill in awkward positions and had to do alot of VERY heavy lifting.

well, less than one hour later and it is working great. the constant ache and pain went away completely but i can still feel a little bit when i try to feel the pain.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9909
Then stop trying to feel the pain lol.

In my younger years I used to hump 40 square of shingles up a ladder 2 stories up in the summer heat. After all that bs my boss would be like "Are you ready for some real work?"

And it would be on a Saturday morning after a long night out on Friday!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2833
perks work well too.
And Paul, I hear you on roofing. My family is roofers, Dad, brother. I worked at it for like 8 years. It puts hair on your chest real quick. Used to do a lot of slate work. And rubber roofing is a whole other story.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9910
Yeah it's the elements that forced me out of roofing. 140 degree surface temps in the summer and smashing your thumb in 10 degree weather in the winter sucks also. Used to pull slate off myself. I'll never forget the first time I fell off a roof. Every roofer has his own story lol. I have several.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1704
My old step bro owns a roofing company and when I was about 14 I helped him tear a roof off. It was no joke. My wifes uncle is a hot tar roofer and even when its 100 degrees outside and working with the tar, he has to stay covered with long sleeves, pants , and boots.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2835
hot tar. Man thats a hard job. I used to run the Kettle for my fathers company when we did those. Breaking it up with the ax. "Spot burns" everywhere. Hauling it up to the roof with the pulley. What a dirty job that was/is. Im glad Im out of the roofing game.

When I lived in London, I worked many tough Jobs. Underpinning, and Then became a plasterer. Thats worth every penny to do, If you know how. I still do some side plastering jobs for cash. $500-600 a day is nice play money.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9912
^^^Ya know I got that advice from my old man. I took him to an air show and he went all wrapped up in long pants and long sleeve shirt, with straw hat. He looked funny to me in the summer heat. After the show we all were burned to a crisp and tired as hell. He was like new that sob lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9913
You wanna talk about nasty jobs how about cleaning out grease traps in older "victorian" homes that had it. Shoveling out years worth of kitchen grease is, well, disturbing.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2242
"^^^Ya know I got that advice from my old man. I took him to an air show and he went all wrapped up in long pants and long sleeve shirt, with straw hat. He looked funny to me in the summer heat. After the show we all were burned to a crisp and tired as hell. He was like new that sob lol."

haha. yeah, you guys are a little older than i but i can relate with my grandfather. same story but i went fishing with him. we got back to his house and all he needed was a nice shower. i was cooked in shorts, tank top and my manly flip flops. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us