Where to ground amp in my grand prix

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 107
well i fukkkin looked all over my trunk and the only place i see is the bolts sticking up from the rear strut but they dont seem to be a good enough place even after fukkin sanding and scrapping it away to bare metal...so anyone running bang in a grand prix wanna help

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4719
Drill through some where and ground to chassis.I use Street wires ground terminals for a bigger contact area and it does a lot better than a 1/0 terminal from what I've noticed.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4179
^yup

create a new ground.. you dont have to always use an existing one

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 108
thanx guys big help neva thought of that

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4725
Yea...I run dual 1/0 grounds and drilled through but just make sure you seal around the wire from the top and bottom with something.You can use a bushing or grommet to protect the wire which is not too necessary for a ground but...you don't want it getting all chopped up.Make sure you put the ground somewhere it doesn't get wet to avoid rust and corrosion and if you do mount it somewhere where it can get wet make sure to seal it with silicone or something of that sort.Here's the ground terminal I'm using:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/STRGT20
That's actually a picture of the GT10,the GT20 has dual inputs but they sure are nice but you need to get your own self tapping screws or something like that because the ground terminal doesn't include them.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 618
ok i have a 97 prix and i removed teh carpet by the light in teh rear of the trunk and theres a bolt to like teh light or the frame and it comes undone easy thats what i used.. and theres already like a whoel in teh carpet from those plastic things so i ran it threw teh carpet whole to that grond.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 109
u talking about the light that's above the trunk in the rear class...????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us