Wierd results with new install

Bronze Member
Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 69
i replaced my ta4501 with a 1200 xenon. ok the 2 12" i was messin with were fine when i cranked it no less than 12.8v now with my new pg ti elite one 12 it is at 11.2 .yes i shut down immed. after i saw that. why is this happening

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 350
what config did you have the subs. if the ohm load with the one 12 was less then when you had 2 it will draw more current.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4705
If you're voltage is dropping to 11.2 your charging needs to be upgraded.It's that simple.There's no other reason for your voltage to drop aside from a poor charging system or running super high current demand in a high power setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Talon01

York, Pa Usa

Post Number: 70
load with 2 subs was 1 the single is 2 thats why i dont understand.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6379
ok here's a better explanation from a post I just made about my bro's situation...

Its a regulated amp

as you guys know we own the phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 it puts out 1200 watts rms at 1,2,3 or 4 ohms anyway..... we had it hooked up in 2 ohms using one terminal on the amp and we had voltage drop to 12.5 to 12.6 volts and hit 138.1 db......then we hooked the sub up to both terminals on the amp at 2 ohms and hit 139.7 db and voltage drop to 11.2 volts.....my questions is why did we hit 1.6 db more when the amp puts out the same power in both wiring arangements ...and why did we get voltage drop like that when the amp puts out the same power either way

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6382
new results

we just tested more and burped it at port tune (45 hz) at 45 hz test tone and hit 141.5 db with voltaqe drop to 11.7 volts....this sub seems to LOOOOOOOOVVVE the low end...previously every sub we put in our suv hit best at 55 hz (three different subs)....were gonna mess with the port tune for the ti elite now and see if we can get more spl out of it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us