Diamond Audio

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 175
i just bought a 15" diamond D6 and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with one. Its going in the trunk of a grand prix and im going sealed cuz ported probly wont fit through lid. What would be a good size for the box? I listen to rap and want it to hit lowwww. Says 750rms but Does anyone know how many watts one of these can handle daily? Also what do you guys think about a kick zx750.1 amp? (need an efficient amp!!!)Can get one for $200 shipped refurb on ebay. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1575
great amp for the price, make sure your sub is dual 4 ohm though

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Thanks cal. Im just really concerned about efficiency. I have completly stock electrical. I was debating on a hifonics bxi1600 so if i ever go bigger I wont need to switch amps. I can get one new for about $280 so im a little undecided.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 38
I am running a Diamond D6 15 ported off of a Kicker 750.1 and am very pleased. I have a stock 100 amp alt and havent had any issues. The voltage does dip low with the ac on and jamming at idle, but otherwise, no problems. Its a good match with the sub and the sub takes everything it has to offer. I ran it sealed for awile, but it didnt get loud enough for me(I have a Tahoe). I then ported it, 3 cubes @ 32hz and man its much louder now and gets pretty low.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
cool dude thanks for the tip. I was debating on the zx1000.1, but if I dont need that much power I guess ill just buy the 750. Now I just have to decide on the box...

Bronze Member

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 39
No problem. I wouldnt spring for the 1000, the 750 is plenty. Also, if going sealed, I tried the sub in 2.25 cubes as suggested by Diamond and I have also run it in 3 cubes. Maybe just my preference, but the 3 cubes sounded more balanced and got lower also. You may build it on the large side and add fillers and braces if you dont like it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
Thanks I look all over to find a box that was big enough and couldnt find one. I know prefabs suck but when its sealed I dont think it matters as much. Do you have your old box and if you do would you sell it?

Bronze Member

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 40
Sorry man, its gone. It sat out in the garage for awile and I finally pitched it. As long as the prefab box is made with 3/4 mdf and put together well, I wouldnt be too worried.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us