OT - 1990 toyota camry tail lights and fuse problem help please

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 666
Ok for some reason all of my lights work in my car except the tail lights dont work, the brakes,turn signals,reverse lights all work on the tailight but when im in park or just driving i have no tail lights. I checked the fuse checked the bulbs which it couldnt be the bulbs because the brakes and signals would not be working. Also just latly the fuse for my dash board keeps blowing which also is part of the tail light fuse. Its wierd i replaced the fuse like 5 times when the trunk is open the dash board works AS SOON as i go to shut the trunk shut the dash board fuse pops for some reason the fuse keeps popping when the trunk is closed but the dashboard works when the trunk is open. This car is giving me a headache and idk what else to do. Any help would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2801
Take a DMM and put the neg terminal to the frame then touch all the wires at your brake lights with the pos and see if you get continuity.... I say that one of your wires frayed and/or burned up and is shorting to metal somewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 667
would that cuase the tail light from not working tho because the brakes signals reverse lights and everything else works fine its just the parking lights dont work on the tail lights when im driving a long or parked up somewhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us