Theese speakers good?

Bronze Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 87
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17281
Are theese speakers any good? can they do 320 RMS? Would they be a nice compliment to my FI Q

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2799
No, no and no.

You would be MUCH better off with these for the same price with free shipping and bonus:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4596

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1699
/thread

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3258
For around that range, I would look at some rainbows SLC's, or crystal ssc6s <someshit like that. It'll cost a little bit more, but ask around caraudio.com and theres a guy who can get you the rainbow and crystals components for around 200 or less.

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3260
http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code= SSCS525&Category_Code=COMP6

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 391
I had those cdt cls, they were pretty good, but I wasn't satisfied with their sound completely. Not trying to thread-jack, but I was thinking of using a few sets of focal focal polyglass v1 6.5 components, anyone have a say about those?

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
^mistype- 'a few sets of focal polyglass...'

Gold Member

BME

Post Number: 3263
I heard the Focal Utopias that Chad Lee use to have and they were amazing IMO. Now he has MMATS 3way and those sound amazing as well. I heard that only the utopias are worth purchasing so I don't know. Your going to need some really loud components or multiple components to keep up with your system...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4659
"Your going to need some really loud components or multiple components to keep up with your system..."

For a single Fi Q?Maybe you were talking to Troy and yea...he'll need a few sets of something to keep up with his bass but he's tuning on the lower side so that will help his front stage keep up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
I was going to put 2 sets of 6.5 comps up front and a set in back. I wanted to give each set around 150-200 watts or so (75-100 per speaker). I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the polyglass line. and multiple sets of utopias are out of the question for now because of price- but they most certainly look very nice.

And with those cdts- they were great for the price, but I prefer sharper highs. Great for a nice smooth sound though.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1080
Berny I heard Chad mmats last week an they do sound amazing. I might be switching to mmats 3 way too.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15084
troy the focals will give you the sharp highs. their tweeters are amazing. can't say much for the mids cause i like the mids of my mmats better than the utopias i had. the tweeters on the focals are better though.

berny and lowlife, wait til you guys hear with the rearfills. its amazing. it gives it the all around sound while the imaging is still from the front.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4666
"berny and lowlife, wait til you guys hear with the rearfills. its amazing. it gives it the all around sound while the imaging is still from the front."

That's surprising because the bass from the subs usually cancels all of that out the majority of the time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15086
never heard that before rob. anyways mine sounds clean. who's ever car you heard that from probably didn't have it setup right.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 264
^^^
me either when i got my subs hooked i still hear the bass comming from all speakers not just the rear

Gold Member

Post Number: 1082
Will see how much cleaner it sounds on saturday Chat.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1256
so all you guys use midbass i dont i just have the bass from my subs and on my eq i cut out all the bass from my speakers and only get the highs i like it that way but maybe im missing out on some midbass

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15087
i have my highs and lows crossed at 80hz. its a perfect blend for me. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
I used to have my lows crossed around 70-80, but even still with no real midbass I was losing a lot of sound. I'm hoping two sets of 6.5s will make up for the lack of midbass- I refuse to add pods, sooo. Chad- Thanks a lot, that's really what I'm looking for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
Chad do one's you have are they the PRO641 3-way Component?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15088
no its the pro651 3 way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4670
There's a reason lots of people don't use rear fill Chad...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15093
true. i was one of them. i guess i like it better with the rearfills though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15094
its like it gives it more presence and that all around feeling. but i did listen to you and put the fader towards the front more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4677
Rear fill is usually used in bigger cabins and I have rear fill behind me to help out the mid bass so...I know what you're talking about when you say it gives it more presence and all around feeling :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15096
yeah rob. also you are right about the subs drowning them out. but only on hard bass hitting songs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us