WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE OHMS?

Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 3
I WANT THE CLEANEST POSSIBLE SOUND AND AMPS PRODUCE WAY MORE JUICE ON 2 OHMS INSTEAD OF 4. DOES THAT MEAN 4 IS BETTER SOUND? OH GOD HELP

Anonymous

Well if you don't know anything about ohms then you don't know much about car audio so start reading.

http://www.bcae1.com/

Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 4
look man i just need a simple answer..what are ohms and how do they matter. your website looks like science class, which at 11pm kinda turns me off

Anonymous

Well Adam I don't really think anyone is going to type all night just to tell you about ohms. You want to know about ohms so I gave you a web site learn. How do you think the rest of us know about these kinds of things just read. Trust me after you read that you will have all the answers to all your questions about car audio and a little more.

Anonymous

the info you need is on the 7th page.

Username: Jeanious2004

Texas USA

Post Number: 4
Ohms is a scientific method that means "the resistance". To find the ohms of something, you need the volts and the ampers or amps, NOT AMP as in amplifier. If you know the volts and the ampers, all you need to do is Divide volts by ampers and you get the ohms. Or volts divided by ohms to get the ampers.

For example, you have 12Volts and have a amper of 50, that means you have a resistance of .24-Ohms.

How do you know the ampers? Easy, check your the fuses of your Amplifier, if it has 3 fuses that are 25 each, the total ampers is 75.

Hopes this helps. If you need more help, email me at caliskater06@yahoo.com, I can show you a graph of ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us