Very OT but very necessary please look

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 321
i need 2 quotes from the book "the road" by cormac mccarthy and i dont have the book and nobody i know does and i start school tomorrow...

ive looked all over the internet and i cant find it.

if anyone has the book or can find it on the internet all i need is 2 quotes..

thanks to anyone who tries

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9778
Try reading some excerpts here.

http://www2.oprah.com/obc_classic/featbook/road/book/road_book_excerpt_01.jhtml

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
thank you very much ive been looking forever and i couldnt find anything. i found a good quote for it and got my summer reading done. thank you very much

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1794
"i found a good quote for it and got my summer reading done."

You mean you hustled your way to making it LOOK LIKE you got your summer reading done, tisk tisk....reminds me of me :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
hahah exactly.. thats what everyone means when they say they did their summer reading hahhaa

Gold Member

Post Number: 9781
I remember one of my required readings in school was "Lord of the flies". Liked the book so much that when the movie came out it was like Christmas lol. Always read the book first. Your own rendition is far more entertaining.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1795
that was one i actually did read paul, and i liked it.

SUCKS TO YOUR ASTHMAR

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
yea i read that last summer it was a good book.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9786
Even though they were kids on an island I wanted to reach in and b1tch slap those kids who broke piggy's glasses lol.

It was a good read because of all the symbolism used, giving every reader a different perspective.

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
yea

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 598
got to sparknotes.com

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 46
summer reading is for pus$ies haha i just copied the person in front of me. unfortunately they didn't read the book either. and i got 7/17 on the quiz. and currently am supposed to do some g@y vocab/character list for it too. which most likely isn't going to get done. thanks to ecoustics. haha

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3922
i never hadsummer reading only in middle school

but the lord of the flies i didnt care for that book i know my favorite book from hs was a farewell to arms. also didnt mind animal farm that book at a lot of symbolism in it lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4656
"summer reading is for pus$ies haha i just copied the person in front of me. unfortunately they didn't read the book either. and i got 7/17 on the quiz. and currently am supposed to do some g@y vocab/character list for it too. which most likely isn't going to get done. thanks to ecoustics. haha"

If you're going to school it would be a good idea to do what you're supposed to,if you're not going to then you might as well quit and not waste your and the teacher's time.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 384
well put.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6453
Just remember, school and learning is for you, not others. So if you waste the opportunity now, you'll have to make up for it later in life. Not wise. If you don't know what I mean, look at Big Brother 8. There's a girl named Amber and she has the vocabulary of a 7 year old. She was also on Power of 10 and got embarrassed for saying "what does something something mean" to Drew Carry. It's sad when an adult doesn't know what a simple word such as "back door" means.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4663
"Just remember, school and learning is for you, not others. "

Exactly.If you're going to be in school you should probably do what you're supposed to, instead of f ucking around.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3929
yup i kinda wish sometimes i could go back to hs and actually pay attention in class i do miss hs in general also though

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 99
lol were all just slackers...excpet for with car audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 9886
Naw lol. Required reading is for a reason. To get you thinking for yourself. What if you were stranded on an island? Would you survive? You can't cheat that pickle lol. Just an example.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us