Amp cutting out?

Username: J00fek

Westbrook, Northeast

Post Number: 1
hi,

i have a JBL LOUD Clear LC-A504 2-ch 200w amp with 2x12in Rockford 12in @4ohm in a sealed box.

as i am listening to the music it is cutting out when the bass is hitting hard. (as other posters here have exp). when i wired up my car i used a kit from a local store. im not sure or the wire gauge but it seems a little on the mid to small side.

would i want toget a bigger power wire since i am getting a Punch 300-1 amp very soon? would i need to re-wire anything else for better performance?

thanks

-A

Westbrook, Northeast

Post Number: 2
i just checked my wire and i have a 8gauge power wire, and the subs are punch p1 12in

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1076
I would check the gains on the amp and make sure the dial is not maxed out. Thats will overheat the amp/blow subs and amps.....check that than post back with results. If it is maxed dial it down to maybe 3/4 and try that for a while as you have to set it to the volts that your head unit gives out.

Westbrook, Northeast

Post Number: 3
my amp has the following level dials

input level
4V to 250mV

Frequency
32Hz to 320Hz

iv been playing with the input levels since i changed boxes, went from a big sealed box to a smaller custom sealed box the other day. i have the input level at about 3/4 now and the frequency level at 32Hz

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 592
upgrade to 4 g wire, set gains aka input correctly, turn off all bass boost. set low pass aka freq to 80 hz and all should run fine.

Westbrook, Northeast

Post Number: 4
looks like i fixed the problem by reading other posts here.

got it not to cut out but resetting all the gains with all settings off in the HU.

i also noticed that my power wire fuse is all corroded inside, i tried to clean it but ill have to get a new one with a sealed holder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us