Alpine MRP-M650 protect mode

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 145
I got one of these amp and it goes into protect mode for no fcking reason. Theres not even a protect light on the stupid thing. The amp could be ice cold and if i crank it, it goes protect. Do they have some kind of funky setting that maybe i dont have right? running it @ 2 ohms on one type s with the bass boost on about 5 outa 12. Think my amps fcked or maybe some kinda shitty signal is pooping it? If i shut off my head unit and turn it back on its all good for a lil while. Are these amps touchy?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 576
no but check ur ohm load make sure u got it right and for gods sake turn bass boost off set the gain correct and set low pass on 80 hz. ur ether clipping the sub to death and it's shutting off , a ohm load is wrong, or your rcas are crap. but being that it at least runs i say it's your settings are bad. btw type - s = shite i had 2 they got loud then got muddy just craptastic sound. and as far as amps go i got a merd 800 watt and the damn think wouldn't even put sound out at max gain it was fuckkked and brand new. so could be the amp but i say it's you. oh btw make sure you have a nice clean ground that could be it to i have seenn that happen.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 147
ya i know they suck. It was laying in my room and i got bored one night and threw the s and the amp in my trunk with everything else. With the bass boost up is the only way i can make it sound descent without making my other amp sound like crap. Ohm loads correct for sure. low pass is 75. i dont need the fuckkn thing ne ways just gonna sell it once as i get it straighend out to make sure it works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us