Alpine Type X

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3473
How are these subs? Do they match output of the R with better SQ or less output? How much power does it take to get them moving good.... 3 sealed have the output of a dd9515 ported(3Krms)?

4 R 10's or 3 X 12's.... SEALED on Zx2500.1 If i did the R's i could run them at 4ohm and 1500rms or 2ohm for 2500rms if i do the X's i can run them at 1.5ohm i think it is.... 3x4ohm coils in parallel... so that would probally hit the 3Krms with the amp being under rated...

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 250
I was happier all around when I went from Rs to Xs. There's an obvious cone area advantage with the type-Xs. Being that they are much more geared towards SQ than SPL though I would get the DD and just add more of those when money came in. Always prefered one loud sub than a whole bunch.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1513
trip dual 4 ohm subs = 2.67 ohm load

trip dual 2 ohm subs = 1.34 ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1514
get 3 10" dual 2 ohm Q's....or wait, the zx2500 is 2 ohm stable....it couldn't handle 1.34 could it?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3505
cal, yes the 2500 could handle 1.34ohms after box rise and all that sh1t you'll get around 2ohms anyway. and for the OG question x have better sq while still being as loud as type r in daily install, although in an all out spl install most ppl would take the r over the x.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
Why 3 10 inch Qs and not 3 12" qs?
I'd take a Q over the type-x though... Very sexy looking imo, but I would prefer the Q. I have a 12" type-x D4 I'd let go if you wanted btw (in great condition), just pm me if you deside to go that route. Even still, I'd go with Fi Qs.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1805
after box-rise it will be alot closer to 2 ohms anyway. so you will be seeing around 3k. it can handle that ohm all day

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3476
Well im trying to keep the amp best matched to the subs so they arent underpowered, I could have 3 subs vs 3 other subs, the ones with the lower power rating would move much better then the others getting more output. Not always the case but in lots of cases it is. If i went with X's\Q's i would go with 3 12's but if i went with R's it would be 4 10's... what would get the best output, MUST BE SEALED or there is no way i can fit them. I heard the q's like ported tho... how are they sealed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
I'd take them sealed over the Xs sealed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us