Does anyone know Honda?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 135
I am hooking up a sub into my moms 2000 Honda Odessy (mini van) I got everything hooked until i got to the REMOTE wire, i know that all Honda's are mostly the same so if you know where to put the Remote cable post something. Even if you dont have one and are using a STOCK head unit than post, i need alot of options.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 37
is it a powered sub? normally you need the run a cable from the remote wire to the amp. you must be setting this up differently?

maybe give a little more information please.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 23
I think he means that he's trying to find a remote wire from the stock head unit. Most stock head units don't have remote wires unless they have either a factory amplifier OR a power antenna. I'm not sure about Odysseys, but if it has a power antenna, you can just splice that wire and run one to the amp to your sub. If it doesn't, you may want to use high level inputs, upgrade the HU, or just rig a signal wire from a fuse in the car, and install a switch to turn it on and off. *IF* you do the latter of the choices, you must MAKE SURE you turn the switch off every time you leave the car so the amp doesn't stay on and drain the battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us