Orion h2 subs.... and encloseure...

Unregistered guest
Hello i just bought 2 orion 15.4's off of ebay and now i need a sub box and amp. well the problem is i got a 1996 eclipse very small... does anyone know the dimensions of a box that will fit best in this car. i am not sure on how many cubic feet these two subs will need i belive it is 3 cubic feet for two orion 15's, that is what a few people have posted. Also i plan on buying a 200 amp alternator to power the amps for these subs. i was thinking about getting two 1000/1 jl audio amps... is this a good decesion or what would you recommend instead. also do you think a 200 amp alternator will give this system enough power (also have a optima red top battery)... do you think i need anything else to power this setup... thanks for the advice ahead of times i appreciate it

Bronze Member
Username: Dread07

Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 26
Well to start out here is a chart of cu. vol. for your subs (Orion h215.4's):
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/subwoofers/sub_H2_series.asp
Second, as for recomended box size, im going to assume you need somewhere around a 1.5-2.5 cu. vol. box, so i would recmond for size the single (so you will need two of these):
If your looking for a dual box the smallest one i could find w/out you having to custom order is:
http://audio-n-more.com/Subzone/subzone_dual_enclosures.htm

The new alternator is a good choice, but may not be required, i dont know much about orion, or the amps you will use but i would recomnd trying stock alternator first.
Because your subs are going to be rating around (according to site) 2000 rms(4,000 rms for 2 15's), I those amp should do fine, I like Jl subs, never used their amps, but you may want to consider looking for a 2 channel high power amp (2x1500) are usualy competition and you will pay for the power, but you will have the needed power. I know lower brands such as Power Acoustik's makes a 2x1500 Watt amp if your tight on money, real tight...
Third, Yes a 200 amp alt. would be plenty for this system, 2 15" subs, aprx. 3000 watts (amp total).
This is all i realy can say due to my lack of knowledge with orion, and jl..
Sorry, Im sure Glass will fill in what i missed.
Dread07,

Unregistered guest
thanks for the info dread... does anyone else have any opions or suggestions they can help me out with? -thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us