Power

Username: Crammit442

Montgomery, AL USA!!!!!!!

Post Number: 1
Newb here. Installing ZR 6.5's in front, XR coax in rear and single 10w6 in rear of '97 4runner. Speakers will be powered by Alpine PDX-4.150. Sub powered by PDX-1.600. Installer says wait for install and see where we are with alernator/battery situation. Frowns on caps. Would rather do battery/alt if needed. Listen to rock. No rolling booming type stuff. Anyone have an educated guess if I'm gonna need to ugrade power supply? The installer is a long time trusted business/friend(if that helps). Thanks in advance!

Charles

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1057
Should be safe at normal listening volumes but it's best to install all and see what happens as your amps aren't huge.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2768
I agree with your friend. Wait to see if you need upgrades. A stock system with the big three upgrade should handle 1000 watts or so. And caps will not help make power if your lacking it. You will need to upgrade alt/bat if you have bad voltage drop. A cap will only help if the electrical system is ok, to help supplement heavy bass hits, with out depleteing the bat.

Nice equipment too. Good luck, your friend has your back.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help. My friend/shop owner is local and has never given me bad advice so I'm sure it'll be ok this time too. I've done business with him for 15 years or so. Looked at the Iraggi alts on Ebay after doing a bit of reading here. Good stuff? Fairly cheap(relatively speaking).
http://cgi.ebay.com/160amp-Amputator-Series-Alternator-Toyota_W0QQitemZ796051698 1QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33573QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4871
you should Wait, i don't think you'll need big upgrades, maybe the front battery and big 3.

Post Number: 3
Got everything done last week. SQ is awesome. Nicest I've personally ever had. Power supply is fine. No dimming at any level. More bass than I've ever heard from a single 10". Super accurate and smooth with lots of punch when required. The ZR 6.5's put out a ton of mid bass too. I really like the IVA-W205 head unit also. I was mistaken about the XR's in the rear. They're VR's. Still good fill. Don't think it's gonna sound any better without an EQ. They did what looks like a JL stealth box in the rear for the 10 with more depth for W6. Just about the only visible evidence that there is anything in the car. Thanks for the help! Overall I'm super satisfied!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us