4subs, 2 sealed +2 ported?

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 22
would you mix em up like this? im thinking about doing it for my next upgrade any genuine comments would be very handy, cheers.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 579
i wouldnt reccomend it, you'll get two kinds of sounds from them, the ported may be a bit louder but it will definately be sloppier than the sealed subs because the bass will carry a little more ported...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
would that not give it a better effect, youd get the best of both worlds

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 581
id think the ported would negate the fact that you have two sealed....seeing how as it may be a little sloppier and roll on a little more, cancelling the tightness effect that sealed has

i would go all one way or the other if it was me...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i understand your point bacon but im still curious to see if anyone has tried this kind of set up, please let me know
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 137
4 subs Rocks

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 24
Heard someone do it. Trust us, it's all or nothing. The loudness of the ported will overcome the sealed. If you cut the ported subs off and ran only sealed when you want SQ, and vice versa when you want SPL, I could see where you're going, THAT would be the best of both worlds. If you want to know if it'll sound better firing all at the same time, not really, just a little louder, but still sloppy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
thanks jonathan, i was planning to run all 4 at the same time so i think i will have them all sealed instead
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us