Loudest Sealed subs....

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3457
Im debating about changing out my system to all sealed since im getting agitated with doing ported boxs that are a PITA to get in my trunk. I want to get 4 10's or 12's sealed about 1-2cu for each. (I can atleast do seperate boxes if needed to fit them in trunk opening) I plan on running about 2000rms to them. Money isnt the concern and i probally wont buy them for a few months but i want to try to stay under 1000 for them all. Looking for excellent SQ and still some loudness (hence why im doing 4 subs) I have a SQL sub running sealed right now thats reccomended ported but its still sounding pretty good to me... DD9515 since the last box i had to build inside the trunk didnt have enough bracing to support the thing and i cant really get a ported box to fit in the trunk with building it outside and to hard to do much bracing building it inside the trunk....

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1773
4 2512's

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4382
You don't want to run that many subs in there,it'll make your car fall apart.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1497
4 12" BMs

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1498
4 10" Rl-i's

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1259
If you are going to run 2000 rms total to the 4, my vote is the Rd Classics by far. I still wub mine

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 3459
Can i get some links for the subs? Rob theres a big difference still... I wouldnt doubt i was right about 148db or a little less with the 1 9515 on 3K before it broke my bracing in my box and ripped it apart and started leaking... the box broke 20 minutes after being first played... and the box took up 90% of my trunk literally. It even had the sheet metal of the trunk popping on top of the trunk punching up and down, my windows were also flexing and waving a bit... but then the box took a sh1t. The cars interior isnt to big. Im trying to get somthing sealed to run mid 140's or maybe 150's for short bits of time but really i only want somthing thats going to be in the min 140's. I have the Zx2500.1 i would use to power them and maybe swap out to 1 or 2 new amps later to make it look nicer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3460
BTW i tweaked the zx2500.1 settings and all on the sealed 9515 earlier.. i had it set to about 1000-1200rms i changed it to about 1700rms and that sub is getting loud as sh1t for sealed but it loses a tad of its SQ.. If any1 can give me some tips on how to get this thing to retain its SQ and possibly get a little louder i wouldnt even feel i would need more sealed subs. It hurts my ears to sit in the car now after changing amp settings. Ill get a video once i get my camera to charge.. my dog ate the charger, it did work after he chewed it for a while... but now its not charging the battery >.<

Gold Member

Post Number: 3470
How would 3 Alpine X 12's sound on the Zx2500.1? It would prolly run at like 1.5ohm i think? DVC4ohm, all series coils per sub then run them all paralell to eachother... 3x8ohm wired subs.... The amp should take that load daily to right? I havnt heard the X's so im not sure what they need power wise to get moving... they would be sealed...

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1263
http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_25&products_id= 48

Shoot me an email Killa, I will give ya more info. I also have a vid of mine :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 137
wouldnt 3 dual 4 ohm subs wired series make like just over 2.5 ohms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us