Sub and amp setup in a 65 mustang.

Username: Tirehead

Post Number: 1
I have a 65 mustang, i want to put 2 10's in it, possibly 2 12's. i want tthem to hit very hard and loud. i dont want to spend to much, but i'm willing to spend a bit. anybody know of any really good subs, probabbly 400watts rms and up each. and then an amp that can power them fully. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 16
Look at this site http://bluemonster.freeservers.com/subwoofer.htm
on here he has a ported box with two eights. I had a 67 Mustang coupe with 12's, the problem is where the tunnel for the rear axle is, it's pretty tight between that floor and the package tray, as you can see why the guy had 8's. I had to custom make a box on each side, I put the subs in an enclosure that put each sub in the back corner of the car, in that useless space where the gas filler neck is, the 12's at a 45 degree angle. Amp rack was below the package tray, I put fiberglass between the subs and the amp rack so you didn't see the wheelwells, paint, taillight wiring, then I made a false carpet floor and put the spare tire under it (like new cars do). That's about the best you're gonna do if you want any trunk space and must have 10's or 12's. You're not going to push 800+ RMS watts with a "bit" of money. I'd say it'll cost you at least 600 for everything online. What's your budget, and I can get an idea of what you can get.

Username: Tirehead

Post Number: 2
i was planning on spending somewhere around there. i know it is not cheep i have done friends systems and my own once or twice. i just meant not 400 per sub and 1000 for an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3125
two Adire Shiva 12" subs ($125 each) and a JBL BP1200.1 amplifier ($290 US)
ported box, stepped to fit the trunk, firing into the trunk, and give thought to venting the rear deck to couple air from trunk to cabin for better bass response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us