Problem solved!!

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 784
found the problem. took the subs/box out of the car pulled the right sub. the wires from the amp were correct, but the wire from the - on one VC to the - on the other VC was loose..gonna rewire it and try again....more bass?

btw, since it was like that, what was it doing? was the sub actually moving or was it being moved by the other sub?

another problem....after rewiring...I checked them with a 9volt battery...all good. then I rehooked them up to the amp....? looked like BOTH were out of phase....checked wiring from amp to box....sure enough ...i had the clear wire on + and the red on -....so they've been running backwards the whole time....now, I've got them everything wired correctly...and where I could see, instead of the dark.....just wondering....they still sound fine, so would running them backwards have hurt them much?

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
Ran them at full volume, with the bass slider on the radio all the way up.....no knocking/bottoming out now...
since the one was basically unhooked, does that mean I've been sending the full 425 to the other one?

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 335
I would think so but i'd wait and see what everyone else says, it seemed like it was moving a little though. nice vid btw

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
thanks for the comment on the vid...= it was only moving becuase the other sub was making it act like a passive radiator.

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 336
Oh ok i wasn't sure if it was in separate chambers or not.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2282
i just noticed u have a stock radio player wolfy..
throw a after market in there
more bass imo

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1745
he's buying brand new hu with tax money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 799
yup , finally decided on this one, good price but with some help from one of Nicks friends, I can get it even cheaper, he's an authorized Panasonic dealer, so he will beat SonicElectronix price, and they have a guarantee so they will beat his price...woohoo

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9007_Panasonic+MXE+CQ-C7205U.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us