Thieves

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 14
This thread really doesn't have anything to do with amplifiers. I dont really even know why im posting it, but..i guess i have to complain to somebody. My amp was stolen out of my truck the other day. Mind you i dont live in town but i do live in the "country" near a little hick town called north judson. Thieves are low life sons of b#$%^'s. Im only seventeen but i payed for my whole system in my truck. I worked hard to get my truck sounding the way i want it just for some ##$$%% to come and steal it. And they just didnt do it all nice either.. the had to literally tear the amp out of my truck, leaving gaping holes where it was bolted in and most of my wiring is crap now. I mean..how hard is it to get a job and get your own. id much rather get my own stuff than to say "OH wow, looked what i ripped off this guy" or "look what my mommy bought me." To be a theif means to have no self respect. Im not saying that i had top-of-the line stuff or anything. Ill even tell you what i have, or had now, in my truck. (Optimus 340x4 amp..pioneer HU..pioneer 6x9 3-ways..pioneer 6 1/2 2-ways..reactor audio 10'boombox(2 subs).) Even though this is what most of you say is flea market stuff, I got it all for under $200. Anyway back to the point, dont go stealing other people's stuff. You will ahve much more satisfaction in yourself if you get it yourself. Its a human instinct to always think yours is better than the next guys anyway even though this isn't always the case. Now this is me.. I'm only 17 years old going on my senoir year in high school. If I, a 17 year old who dont know the real world yet, can figure out what i said above, surely you people can. A thief is nothing more than a low-life dirtbag. I dont really know what im getting at, or even why i bother to put this post here, but have more respect for other people. We're coming to a world where you can't leave your doors unlocked, drugs rule peoples lives, and std/diseases are everywhere, so dont make it any worse....... With That im out...peace NB

Anonymous

man. just get over it. I had my WHOLE brand new $2100.00 system stolen out of my car. but life is a b!tch then you die. lot of sorry people in this world.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3090
I know this won't help much, but this is why I always really push people to get an alarm for their vehicle if they have any sort of audio system.. I also recommend using silent chirp systems so tehy don't attract attention to the car when parking it at a mall or in a large lot.

Did you have full coverage on the truck?

It always sucks when some butthead destroys the vehicle trying to steal stuff. Especially when you can't recover the damages on insurance.

I hope cops printed the truck and found something.

Also remember to keep serial numbers and photos of everything in the car for ID purposes.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3091
a lot of us have had this happen though.. it blows.
I've had plenty of windows shot out to see if my alarm was on at 4am.. had lots of attempts to get into my cars.. especially when I drove the Festiva, and had the sponsor stickers all over it for Alpine, Orion, etc.. thankfully all they ever got once was the remote for the CD player, and they damaged the alpine 3339 face once. Otherwise, nobody could open the car doors without the alarm remote.
I'd taken out the door push-pull releases and wired the actuators into a hidden switch and the alarm.. only way to lock or unlock the doors was with the remote or the switch. the cam in the doors were removed as well to prevent a jimmy from being used.

Bronze Member
Username: Panache

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 93
Its hard for a 17 yr old to just GET OVER IT. He worked hard for it and all you can say is get over it? Have a little compassion for the young audio enthusist. There is nothin we can do for him but atleast give him some comforting works in his time of need.

Username: Delane

Post Number: 6
Jojo- sorry to hear about that, the people that generaly do things like that are addicted to drugs and would rip anyone one off, so don't take it personal. This happened to me in 2000. The person or persons broke my drivers side window, stole my faceplate of my apline, they could not get the unit ot so they took a knife or flat screwdriver and put it in the slit and pushed up & down to crack what they could not get, and last bent the ignition casing. However my friend a couple of future tips, when you get in the area of where you live turn the volume down, and second try to conceal every thing. One last thing, people like this will get there's eventually.

Anonymous

Jason sorry to say buddy but i am 17 years old too. i lost $2100.00 worth of JL audio sh!t. it took me a year to save up for that how do you think i feel. and i had a car ALARM didn't stop who ever stole my sh!t.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 26
sorry bro. take solace in knowing that your next system will be better than the last. put a picture of your dream system somewhere where you see it every day, and it just may find you one way or another, through hard work or as a gift.

also, check sale ads and maybe you can score a system for cheap.

it's not what happens to us that matters, it's how we respond over time. good luck bro.

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 95
In my opinion car alarms are just like capacitors....WORTHLESS! I cant begin to count how many times I'm at the mall or grocery store and an alarm is goin off. How many people stop and look? Most people hear it going off and think nothing of it. I guess night time is differnet. It may come in handy while you are sleeping.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3110
the purpose of an alarm is to attract attention, which thieves don't want to happen.
In a crowded lot, it helps to have a good alarm, properly set so it doesn't go off a lot unless there's good reason.
The biggest help it offers is in the driveway at night. That's when I've seen the most cars broken into, when kids go cruising at 3am looking for victims.. They see anything that makes a car look expensive, or anything but stock, and tehy peek in the windows.. they see anything, they want in.
Now, if they happen to set off the car alarm in the process, they stand a much higher chance of being met by the owner with a handgun...
which happened several times with my car when I lived in the 'burbs and kids tried to get into the car.
a few left with some holes in their own car.
Mind you, I wouldn't shoot someone for something like this.. but it amused me to no end wondering how they explained to their parents the enxt day how they got the car shot up.

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 97
Good point lol. Should I go get an alarm now or upgrade my Spyder E-99 Paintball gun for a Mack 11 lol

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3131
heheh

I enjoy having an attached 3 car garage on this house.
I feel safer with my cars inside at night.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 16
what about a good motion sensing alarm? that way when they get close to peak in your windows, it chirps, so they know not to get close. but maybe then they'll just decide to do it quick by forcing their way in through the windows, and getting what they can before you get outside.

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surry England

Post Number: 13
if i ever saw anyone having a go at my car id be straight out the door, CS in one hand nunchucks in the other and kick some theif butt BIG TIME

Bronze Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 99
Cainer, why would you do such a drastic thing like that? Shooin them is the fun part. :p

Bronze Member

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 17
i live in england jayson guns are hard to come by, besides anyone can pull a trigger i like a bit more confrontation

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3139
I'm personally very fond of cattle prods.

ya know, the ones with an electrical charge..

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
...sorry for your loss man

but to some other guy here:

pointing a gun & shooting at somebodys car for theft....I mean risking someones life for a fxxxing radio....probably some 16year old kids....

...even the thought....
sick....if you were serious

Silver Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 103
I'm serious. If i had a gun i'd shot at someone for breaking out my window trying to steal my stuff. Yes a life is at risk but that is something he should have thought about before you decided to break my window. Plus my insurance has to replace that window..... that means a higher priemum and stuff like that. Call me shallow but i'm a FIRM believe in protecting the stuff you work hard for. Thats why we have troops in Iraq.. protecting what forefathers worked hard for.

Anonymous

WRONG we have troops in IRAQ for GW and his oil that still hasn't helped gas prices.

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 36
troops in iraq to avenge the assassination attempt on W's father. remember that?

"protecting what forefathers worked hard for." yeah, like democracy in kuwait?

can anyone say "halliburton?"

skull and bones?

bush is out of office soon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
hey Glass... i like the idea of a cattle prod but they are hard to get this side of the pond so how about using a power cap?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 26
Oil is high thanks to Clinton and NAFTA, too. Everyone is quick to blame the person in power, but all our jobs are going overseas thanks to Clinton. Now, Indians, Chinese, etc. are able to afford cars and use gas that was coming to us. Also, regulation of it is poor, Iraq doesn't have a government, it's a lot of things. EPA is cracking down, too. They need to quit putting 50 catalytic converters on cars and worry about smoke pouring log trucks on the road.

Silver Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 110
Ok how did we go from shooting theives to talking about gas prices? lol thats an odd transition. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yeah lets get back to the thread.....
i want to kick some theif butt right now!

Silver Member

Brenham, TX US

Post Number: 111
I'm with Cainer!!!!!!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3152
cainer: "can I use a capacitor???"
hahahahahhaa

as for shooting at the kids' car GermanGuy, keep in mind a: I'm licensed to carry concealed firearms, b: I carried one for work at the time, and c: in the US, we have the legal right to protect life and property with deadly force under certain circumstances. That means if I catch someone on my private property tresspassing, and I deem them to be a threat, I actually have the right to end their life.

Remember, before Thomas Jefferson changed the wording to "Life, libertym and the pursuit of happiness," the word 'happiness' was initially 'property.'
-Boston 1772
http://www.founding.com/declare/princip/dp04.htm

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 39
GlassWolf, have you considered the emotional cost of killing someone, even if you had the "right?"

PTSD is a be-yatch, you'd be paying for it for many years most likely. I respect you, and I bet you're aware that ending someone's life would probably be in the front of your mind for many years.

One question. If you later found out that you knew the kid you killed, would it start to blur the lines between "right" and "wrong?"

Good issue, and for the record, I'd definitely "want" to kill someone who stole from me or was hurting someone I love, I don't know that I could think rationally in that situation. If y'all can, then big ups to ya.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3159
just for the sake of debate...
yes I'm aware of PTSD, and it's effects.
My father prior to his death, did two tours in Viet nam as a green beret with MAC-V-SOG. If you know anything about the history of that conflict and the role our Special Forces played there, you'll have an idea of his experiences.
That being said, I used to work armed security and bodyguard services for an outfit in the Washington DC area, after finishing college. I worked at a small arms range for a while as an instructor, mostly because I enjoyed it, teaching younger kids to properly handle firearms. I'm NRA certified, so all in all, I do have a haelthy respect for just about any weapon.
I have no desire to end any other person's life, generally speaking, but I would also not hesitate to do so if I was given no other choice.
People who break into cars and steal things you've worked hard to earn, or break into homes and rob pople, often assaulting them if the owners are unlucky enough to catch the thieves in the act, do these people not have some idea that they stand a good chance of spending their lives in prison, or being killed if they are caught?

If I knew the person I'd shot, I think I would feel worse only for one reason, and that would be due to the dishonor of thinking I'd called them a friend to begin with. I don't like having my trust abused by someone.

I'd mentioned in some earlier post that I'd had an alpine EQ face stolen in a smash-and-grab.
This happened when I was working at the car audio shop in fact. I had recorded the serial numbers of everything in my car, and I had plenty of contacts in the area at our competition's stores.
So, I picked up the phone and made some calls. I asked the other stores to give me a ring if a kid came in with an Alpine 3339 face, with a severed cord and no brain unit... and told everyone what'd happened.
sure enough two days later I got a call from a local store, with a Mexican kid and his friends, wanting to know "what he had" and "what it was worth."
Want to know what it ended up being worth to him?
an impounded car, and 5 years in county jail.

Now, was some broken glass, a little bit of inconvenience, and an EQ that was replaced by insurance really worth 5 years of the kid's life, and losing his beat up little honda?
Who's to say? At least I didn't have to wory about any more attempts by him on my car though.

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 40
thanks GlassWolf, for adding some perspective to your beliefs, I understand a lot more where you're coming from.

From my perspective, I've seen people down and out, stuck in cycles of abuse, addiction, violence, theft, etc. In a way, they're truly stuck without the inner ability to rise above. Everyone has moments of divine intervention I believe, and if they grab hold can be lifted out of whatever cycle they're in. Also, and very important to me, is to understand how people start to lose themselves. If they have good support, family, friends, teachers, then they have a chance to right themselves. If they don't have that crucial support, slowly they can shift into a different and more destructive lifestyle. Some decide to commit suicide, but most just kill themselves slowly, abusing and disrespecting themselves more and more through whatever stops the pain.

Does this mean they deserve to die for stealing (for instance)? Personally I feel strongly the answer is no. I do believe they need to be held accountable 100%, and also given a reasonable (but not unlimited) chance to rehabilitate. Through experience, I think all destuctive behaviors are a cry for help, by someone who doesn't have the emotional skills to reach out and express what's going on inside. Most of the time, they can't even put words to it, but they can act it out.

GlassWolf, you wrote the following and I wanted to comment on it:

"If I knew the person I'd shot, I think I would feel worse only for one reason, and that would be due to the dishonor of thinking I'd called them a friend to begin with. I don't like having my trust abused by someone."

First, I get how important honor and trust is to you, and I fully respect that. I don't like having my trust abused by someone either.

Second, I want to share with you something I've learned about the layers of emotions we are capable of feeling. You said you'd feel worse for only one reason, due to the dishonor of thinking you'd called them a friend to begin with. I don't know how else to say this. It's possible to hold more than one feeling and it's common that they be conflicting feelings. Like anger, dishonor, hurt, and even remorse and sadness.

If you honestly can say you think you wouldn't have an ounce of sadness or something similar, even if just for witnessing a loss of life, let alone taking it, then I can only conclude that you are living completely in your head and have become completely disconnected from your emotional senses. And I don't believe that is true.

To me this whole topic is an issue of dualistic thinking, that things must be either one way or another. Here's another of my beliefs, that people rely on dualistic thinking to avoid the more difficult task of dealing fully with an issue from many levels, intellectually and physically (emotionally).

Oh, to wrap it up, I wanted to give some perspective on my life. There was a time when I was addicted to drugs and alcohol. I stole from family and others. I forgot even how to tell the truth, even to myself. My divine intervention was 40 days in a drug rehab. I'm coming up on 20 years clean and sober. There were things I did that could have gotten me shot. I'm glad I'm alive because I have a chance to give back to others, and to build and install a pumpin car stereo. ;-)

Now, if someone's in your house stealing your stuff, your life's at stake, and I'd say they're really asking to die, so take them out before they take you out. But the car? I don't know, you might hit your own equipment, and Glass, I'm sure you'd squeak out a tear if that happened, eh?

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
Well, those are some shocking testemonies I'm reading here, not only as a german, but as a european. I begin to understand of how easy it seems to kill as an american (only those posted here, don't want to generalise) if you can justify it with your personal reasons just like that. As if it would be nothing. i don't want to throw in the term christianity, since I'm not a big fan of religion at all, BUT to think you are 100% right because somebody died about some of your cash (even you worked hard for it), doesn't really sound very civilised and doesn't really apply to citizens who claim to know the right way to world peace. I don't want to start a discussion where I don't have the nessesary overview anyway, but this whole things leaves me with the feeling of a cheap army movie where accusing somebody of leaving his locker open is thought to be the main reason of theft.
anyway for my part, I'm thankful if I stumble drunk at night and mistakenly get through somebodys backyard, I will surely not have a shotgun looking at me, but somebody who tells me the road is the other way. And I'm thankful if somebody shots an unknown trespasser in his backyard (even thought to be a threat at this moment)this guy will never get out of prison again, because it could have been my kid in this backyard. and last but not least, I thank the US who set us on this path some 60years ago. I wonder who took a strange turn along the way....

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
Uhh, Hairball, read your post too late...

just wanted to say....if guys like you still live in the states, it's still a great place to visit..

thanks for keeping my faith in the US up !!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
well i started to read that and then found myself waking up about an hour later

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
anyway hairball i dont think i could kill a man for stealing off me... not when torture is an option anyway

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 41
torture, like tickling? man, i read Latif Yahia's book, "I Was Saddam's Son". He was the body-double for Uday Hussein and witnessed and learned about everyday horrific cases of torture. Won't go into it, but check the book out if that's your thing. Lead me to believe that all the Hussein's are sick f*&ks, and I don't care why we went into iraq, i'm just glad Saddam and his sons are out of power and/or dead.

Here's an eye-opening book, "The Hunt for bin laden", by Robin Moore (author of The Green Berets). Opened my eyes to the ability of our Special Forces, in Afghanistan. I really respect these guys and the job they're asked to do. And the Taliban doesn't have a chance. Whew, if the Taliban outlaws laughing, children playing with toys, and women walking around without a man, then I support the "removal" of the Taliban.

I am Hairball, I have divergent views, love it or leave the thread. :*)

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
ya we know about that here too, we had the SS.

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
Do you have to use my screen name just to get rid of your stupid comments & put other people down?

thats worst than scratchin someones car while nobody is around, just because you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself

and by the way, we live nowadays not 1940. stand up for your own sins, I give a damn what my grand-daddy did, same as what your did. we make history today.
it's easy to manipulate minds in a one-way-media-country that has no access to outside. but to be an azzhole today in a so called free country with independent education, where's your excuse?

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
I would shoot someone too. If they tried to steal my Legacy system.

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 45
will the real GermanGuy please stand up?

GermanGuy
Unregistered guest
Standing up

Bronze Member

City of Angels

Post Number: 46
i didn't say "Simon says stand up." Now, sit down please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
now place your left finger under your nose and raise your right hand

Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 1
I hope this registration prevents further BS on my account.

Also like to say hello to the regular registered community. Hope you don't mind some sauerkraut on your red,white&blue dish.

Are we officially talking politics now?
Well, if we still talk "just cars"
I prefer a good insurance instead of some full metal jackets. But I agree that when it comes to what you love most, one can get very emotional....as emotional it can get with a car stereo....

By the way here are my specs to let you know whats inside my Opel Mini-Van: Alpine 9833, VDO Dayton HPC 1700 Speakers, Canton DC 300 Subwoofer and soon the Kicker kx850.4 amp on it's way.

GermanGuyhehe
Unregistered guest
ok sitting down. left finger is in my nose and my right hand is up.

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 15
wow..didnt think this would go this far.. as for the killing people part, i wouldn't shoot em. Instead i sneak up on them with a bat or something. Although they're stealing my crud, i dont think they deserve to die. But they do deserve a nice a$$ kickin. Everyone makes mistakes. Anyway my amp was recoverd by the police the other day. It ends up the same guy broke into my ex-g/f's house and stole her dvd player. They then went to a meth lab and tried to trade the amp/dvd for some meth. It just so happened that the cops were watchin that place and they busted it when the thieves where in there. And it also just so happens that the people who were sellin meth was my friends aunt...small world. And btw i've did more than my own share of drugs. But i'm not going to steal from my friends. If your stealing from people just to get your "high" then your wayy too deep and you can only dig deeper.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3167
In regards to emotions, it's not a matter of not feeling anything for what you've done, but a matter of being able to compartmentalize things.
This is the same as with anyone in a high stress setting, like being a doctor, a cop, a violent crime victim.. anything that you need to learn to deal with.

Just as another means of perspective, especially for our friend in Germany, this is the US, and in my case, not too far from Detroit which isn't the most pleasant of cities in some parts, and about equidistant from Chicago. Now, the man to whom my mother was remarried after my father's death, in his past had come home from work one day, and upon entering his apartment, found that he'd walked in on an attempted burglary.
Now, if that wasn't bad enough, the people breaking into his place, already inside and now facing him, didn't run, didn't wait to say anything.. they pulled out a knife, and opened his stomach, and left him there to die.
He survived the experience, seceral operations later with half of his stomach left, but this isn't the sort of thing I want to leave myself open to if I should catch someone on my property stealing from me, so yes, I am willing to use force to protect myself, especially after having three organ transplants myself, I'm not really up for getting attacked by some loser.
One of my mother's co-workers has a son who was recently arrested (again) due to his crime problems, drug addiction, and total lack of brains.
The kid decided to rob a random house while he was driving a company truck doing deliveries..
The problem was that he chose the house of an off-duty police officer who happened to be upstairs. He met the officer as he was attempting to climb through a window.
I know people who have also been carjacked, mugged, raped, and robbed at gun or knifepoint in their cars.
After experiences like that, can you really blame a person for being willing to defend themself?

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 81
I agree with ya Glass. Ya just never know how crazy them f*cks will be. I'll be safe and take some kinda weapon to take care of some theives.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3372
if you live in an urban area, you can call the police to intervene.. but in my case I live a good 20 minute drive from the closest police station, and that's at 60MPH. By the time I could get any cop to respond, someone could rip off this entire block and be home already.. *laugh*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
police station???
you should ask where the closest donut shop ist.....lol....

Bronze Member
Username: Mac1

Post Number: 11
Glasswolf, I agree with you 100%. Im a teenager working at a very large Chicken Ranch and for 7 hours I am pulling dead, rotted chickens out of cages in a humid, hot, dusty barn just to save up enough money for my EXPENSIVE car audio system. To say the least I understand the importance of the almighty dollar. And after all the blood and sweat that is poured into my labor a bunch of corn bread, redneck, chickensh*t, whitetrash mofo's think they can come right along and take it for free. I DONT THINK SO. Now, I'm not sayin' to pull a Rodney King or go off bustin' caps, but I am saying that I will protect myself and my belongings, simple as that. My philosophy on the topic, you don't want trouble, don't go lookin for it.

Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 8
get alarm with a pager system and lcd screen
good for 1mile

cost $97 - $135

Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 9
i have a accord '03

twin .45 trumpping

any theft want some, come get some

Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 8
I live in a lil town, i am the only house on the road in the county. It is hardcore country out here, i cant see a house from mine, i have not one neighbor. I lock my doors everynight and take off my face plate, i also leave a german shepard in an opened garage to seek any theives. I only paid 150$ for my whole system and i would be highly pist even tho i didnt pay that much. TRUST NO ONE. And yes, i own guns, i think i would shoot up someones car if i caught them breaking into my car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
whats with all this talk of guns jim?
you never twisted a knife in a mans guts then licked his warm blood from the blade, it makes you feel alive jim.

Bronze Member

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 12
What can i say, i'm just a lil guy, guns make me feel powerful, and i'm not afraid to use them in the right situations either.

Bronze Member

the only "right" situation to use a gun is to defend your own or someone elses life, ONLY IF at risk.
doesn't matter what the law authorise you to do, a dead body doesn't get a second chance. I guess nobody was perfect as kids and everyone did stupid things...some people need longer time to grow up, some may never.

kick thieves behinds whatever, if you feel insecure then for godsake pull your gun to their faces, but don't even think of having your finger resting on the trigger..

I talked to a refugee here in Germany who comes from Iran. he told me one of his buddies came running out of a supermarket, just because they were making fun. A soldier patrouling on the road shot him straight away, because he thought he was a shop-lifter. and even if he had done anything, does that sound crazy? well, then you know how I feel when you guys talk xshit like that.

the only thing I have in my house is pepper-gas, no remorse feeling, someone breaking into the house gets the whole load. then you have enough time to kick some behind & call the cops. and if it was just a stupid teenager I didn't recognise in the dark, well let's hope he learned his lesson. but I don't have to blame myself later that I was responsible for ending someones life just for doing something stupid like stealing.
we have to live with people who don't give a xshit about someone elses life & may kill for no or little reason, but there are still some people out there who respect life as the most important thing it should be. that is your responsibility not for any bull religious reason, but in the name of humanity & love and lst but not least sanity. what kind of example do you give to your own children?

p.s.:
it's not your fault the world was a fxcked up place when you got here, but it is your fault if its still a fxcked up place when you leave.
nice one, I think

Username: Feesh

Post Number: 5
I've personally never been jacked when it comes to stuff like this, but i think something one step less serious than theft it keying. Anyone been keyed? Yeah, those people are dickless. I'm too young to get a gun, so i keep knives in my car. I'd recommend that, cuz if i ever catch someone key my car (or steal or vandalize it) they're gonna get a cut in something they truely appreciate if you know what i mean.

Bronze Member

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 14
I also have knives in my car, good choice ryan.

Post Number: 6
yay for knives. If/when i get any form of a gun (BB, airsoft, or a real handgun) the knives get the center console and the gun gets the glovebox.

Bronze Member

Farmtown, Oh

I own gun, but no hand guns, so i dont think that they can fit in a car very well, i also am not old enough to buy a gun, but they were given to me. so for now knives in the car works out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Ryan & jim.....
i like your style boys your prepared to stand up to people who are messing with you but dont get your knives out unless you are DEFINATLY prepared to use it,
get yourselfs some CS gas if you can and use that as your first line of defence, dont go straight in with the knives

averysensibleman
Unregistered guest
if anyone here believes in christianity, then you know jesus said that those who live by the sword die by the sword. i wouldn't want to kill anyone for anything. things happen because god make them. i wouldnt feel good killing a guy breaking in my car and spending a lifetime trying to pay back god for taking a mans life because thats what it would take.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
oh sh!t looks like the bible bashers are back in town....
now look here averysensibleman ITS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT!!
oh look he's just stole my $3000 audio system never mind il forgive him he wont do it again
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG......
get real mr biblebasher averysensibleman your a pr1ck, you do my head in more than you'l ever know i suppose you "love your fellow man" aswell,
your a feckin misfit
you probably would have been stolen from a lot more than you have if it wasnt for people like me,Ryan&jim having a go back and putting them off doing it again you dick.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Why don't you guys get some mace so then you can just spray the thief with it and then beat the sh*t out of him. That's what I would do.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 79
Sorry for your lost man,
but there is one thing in this world that will always ring true...

"a lock is only for the honest man..."

oh, cainer

all averysensibleman is saying is that its not worth it to kill someone over some subs and amps...doesnt matter if it cost you $30,000. I'm saying dont try to stop them, but dont be stupid enough the kill them over inanimate objects.

Its a life...get one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
marshall... who's lost a man?
if anyone knows where marshall is his audio kit is up for grabs, you can just take it he wont try to stop you he said so above

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 47
I don't see a reason to go starting personal attacks towards people. I'm a christian too, and I agree that what Marshall said was right on the money. Just because someone takes your stuff, doesn't mean you should KILL them. Its definitely not wrong of you to defend your car audio system, but is it really worth killing them? I would understand if they were posing an immediate threat on your life, but they're just heisted your stereo, and the components within. There are more than one set of JL W7's out there, but people are unique. So by killing the person, you would've just eliminated a truly custom piece of equipment, another human being.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
nobodys talking about sneaking up on some theif and killing them in cold blood Marshall...
its about standing up for yourself and doing what is necessary to make sure nobody takes your kit.
i guarantee you that if you saw sombody walking off with your kit and you did nothing to try and stop them you would hate yourself and feel like a yellow belly for a long time to come.
sure phone the police if it would make you feel like you tried to do somthing about it but face the facts... the chances of you getting your kit back would be very very poor my friend

standup4yourself
Unregistered guest
BAD THINGS HAPPEN BECAUSE GOOD PEOPLE DO NOTHING!

if you consider yourself a good person and do nothing you actually make things worse for all in the long run, thats very selfish and cowardly... FACT.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I will agree to the fact that its really okay to defend your stuff, just so long as its in the name of doing justice, and not an excuse to beat the person because you feel its personally fun, or with intent of hurting them for the sake of you feeling they need to be hurt. But if its in the sake of a. defending you stuff(aka system), I don't feel there is a problem. But you shouldn't defend it more necessarily than needed, example beating them so badly they are hospitalized and crippled because you beat them so badly they now have brain damage(this is not cool). Standing up for your self isn't a problem, in fact it may be the only way to make it so the person learns their lesson(the theif). But lets all not try to purposely beat them until their senseless.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 31
well Donald if you beat them into the hospital then chances are they won't try to steal from you again. And that is the ONLY thing some people understand. And yes I would do it too cause I didn't go out and work my @ss off just to go outside and see my truck tore apart and all my money down the drain. And anyway how would you handle this if it happened to you???? I hope you wouldn't just watch them take your stuff and all that time and money you spent on it. would you???

Bronze Member

who started this killing thing? The only reasons in my mind that allow killing is in self defense (they attacked first) or intrusion. If some burgular's in my house at night, i'm gonna shoot him. If someone tries to steal my kit then i'm gonna beat him senseless. Besides, anyone who stands by and watches someone steal from them deserves to be beaten as well. You may think that i started this whole kiling thing when i said i'm gonna keep a gun in my car, but think about it. Would you steal from someone again if that person pointed a gun in your face? Guns are intimidating. that's a fact. Just listen to the sound of em. WHY ELSE do you think that just before the villian kills someone, he c0cks his gun (especially shotguns)? If i had a gun, i wouldn't kill anyone with it, I'd use it to beat them senseless then use the gun to intimidate them. Murder and killing aside, catching someone stealing your stuff and threatening them MIGHT serve as a better deterrence than actually punishing them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
In addition... (thought about this after i posted my last message.) Unfortunately, i'm a christian too. (I realized my mistake after my confirmation.) Christianity holds you back bigtime. love your enemies? Sounds like you're a sucker. Being apart of christianity means you must be against abortion? Euthanasia? Sorry, i like to decide issues for myself. BTW, calling me a satanist wont get you anywhere, because i have qualms with that religion too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
okay, I'm done on this thread, after I make the statement that is basically not NICE to purposely beat someone so bad that they are hospitalized.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 80
notice that i said----"i'm not saying dont try to stop them"

yea i agree that you should try to stop them, but in the correct manner.....dont just run up on some guy that is breaking into your car and shot them in back of the head...

that is stupid!

take the correct action, how do you know they dont have a buddy watching their back, hiding somewhere.....they may kill you

would you rather lose your system, or your life!

as for the christianity, dont even think that holds you back ryan. if anything it helps you.

and as for "love your enemy".....look at it like this, "love the person, not their ways".

and my system isnt up for grabs.....i'm redneck as hell. i wont kill anyone unless it comes down to that, i'll just do what it takes.

hesaidit
Unregistered guest
ERM.... no Marshall you did say
"don't try to stop them"

Username: Gettingtooold

Here's a tip Jason. If your still in school chances are someone you know stole it. Many moons ago my system was stolen along with my paycheck and they cashed it!!! Funny thing is, most kids talk alot and chances are you'll sooner or later here who stole it. I got my whole system back three months later after some idiot bragged about stealing it. I'd like to tell you how or what I idi to the guys to get it back, but I am a PG rated kind of guy now. Look up my young fellow Audio enthusiast. Things will get better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
but marshall, actions speak louder than words. Think about this. Generally speaking, actions are what makes up character. How can you say to love a person, not their ways? Why should I? Because God tells me to? Then think about this: Is it right because it's Gods command, or is it God's command because it's right?

pranger
Unregistered guest
what has religion to do with love one another & to know whats wrong or right? humanity is a simple fact. don't act by the book, act by your heart

bak2basics
Unregistered guest
get a good alarm

bak2basics
Unregistered guest
if your realy that worried about thieves sell your car and stereo and by a buss pass, after all.. the wheels on the buss will always go round and round

CLOSETHISTHREAD
Unregistered guest
Drop this post. The guy that started this has his equipment back now. So close this And shut up about killing beating and whatever else.

Anonymous

_fuck_ u

Anonymous

_FUCK_U_ BOY

Username: Artbowski

Stroudsburg, PA USA

I had all of my stuff stolen out of my Jeep my first year at college. never put a system in a soft top, thats the lesson i learned. u r right lots of scumbags in the world. not sure of what to tell you but that its probably happened to everyone who likes to put good systems in their car. noone wants the shitty stuff man, sorry

yograndmama
Unregistered guest
everyone just shut the f*ck up!!!

itsplashedonherface
Unregistered guest
ive done your mom yograndmama

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
yeah she tastes sweet dude

Bronze Member

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 21
another update.. jesus this thread just keeps going. anyway the cops still have my amp. they told me i would get it back in a week.. its been about a month. i thinks its because theres this certain cop in town whom hates my family but oh well. so HOPEFULLY.. ill get my amp back during this week.

yograndmama
Unregistered guest
i hope you dont get that piece of sh*t back

Silver Member

Man STFU take that sh!t to a chat room if you want to talk sh!t. Here we talk car audio. Go get your punkass a job kid. Atleast he has something. Your punkass prolly doesn't even have a car.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 83
Look, all i'm an saying is dont make a situation worse than it has to be. Yes try to stop the person, but dont kill them over some audio stuff.

Yeah I did make a typo in one of my posts and say "i'm saying dont try to stop them" but i ment to say "i'm NOT saying dont try to stop them"...sorry about that.

yeah, actions do speak louder than words. they do make up your character...but the right actions make up good character!

And to everyone that is seemingly against God, i cant force you to believe the way i do...cant really force you to do anything. Its all just personal conviction.

yograndmama
Unregistered guest
_fuck_ jay. and plus i betcha my systems way better than yours. two 15 inch stokers _bitch_. you could bring your _ass_ anyday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
yograndmama.... he he he .... we all laugh AT you dude NOT with you... ROFL LOL ROFL.. retard.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Yo when you want some this bring your PUNK AZZ to Louisiana and I can tell you one thing B!TCH We won't be having a DB Drag. Only drag will be me dragging your little PUNK AZZ behind my truck BOY.
DO YOU WANT MY ADDRESS??????????????????????B!TCH

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I do. so i can go down there and slap you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
not you jay, i meant yograndmama. sorry, i had a little mixup lol.

yograndmama
Unregistered guest
----i meant yograndmama----

dude, like that wasn't even called for. his grandmother never did anything to u you sick _fuck_. how can u talk about someone whos older than water. you ol' tree huggin', cow humpin' _motherfucker_.

Anonymous

Post #99

Post#100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered guest
Post #100 YAY!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Wow.... all that happens when one is away for a couple of weeks! - just when the conversation was getting interesting, and we start with the junior high crap....

For what it's worth, to all those who think having guns and killing people is the solution, things must be pretty freakin' sweet, quaint and simple in the South or Mid West.

In Los Angeles, all that means is you have now placed a huge bullseye on you and your family, since whatever "crew", "posse" or gang subset will now come back in full force for you and yours.

And having survived years of civil wars in Latin America, I can assure you that the vision of everyone having a gun is a deterrent for crime, well, take a stroll down Bogota or Medellin, Colombia (or Baghdad for that matter) and tell me if you REALLY think that would work.

As a former officer in the Guatemalan Army (look it up for its reputation), I can tell you that talking about killing anybody and actually seeing a body semi-vaporized by "full metal jackets" are two wholly different things. So I'd tend to agree that unless your life (or someone you deeply care about) is in peril or there is an intruder in your house at night.... no system is worth a human life... even a lowlife, scumbag. The image will never leave you; the smell, will be in you forever.

There are plenty of non-lethal methods besides which no one has mentioned the fact that unless you are very proficient and properly trained with firearms, as Glasswolf is, you are more likely to shoot yourself or anything BUT your intended target if it is 3:00 AM, you're half awake or asleep, adrenalin is running....

To the young man who lost his amp, dude, I now it blows. It's kinda your woman running off with someone else. What are ya gonna do? - What kind f amp was it? - send me an e-mail, I'll give you one of the extra ones I have, for real. Nothing fancy but it's not flea-market, swapmeet stuff. Just pay for the shipping. And know that what goes around, comes around.

Peace,
Jose Byron Gonzalez

one_pissed_patriot
Unregistered guest
I need to say something here, i dont give a damn about anything else... car audio aside (thanks Glass for informative posts) i hate it when people talk sh#t about the US and any of our policies (foreign or domestic) or any of our culture, rights, or traditions, however FUC##D they may be... this includes foreingers AND especially the people, the freakin citizens of this godamned country!
I am back from Iraq for 10 days, lookin on gettin some opinion on car stuff and i gotta read this shi#.... some people, however incapable, should feel ashamed...

all of you naysayers on our policy/actions in Iraq; to you i say this...
1.we are THERE, deal with it.
2. even if you dont agree (no one cares) we have to do what we can so that those people stop suffering and can posts bullsh$t about thier gov't like this, if they wanted, on internet sites without fear of being "shot or stabbed" for NO REASON (nevermind the stealing)
3. dont talk shi$ about our country or its leaders on the net, it looks so horrendously stupid to foreigners that we dont back our own brothers play (bros in arms as well) Democrat or republican; doesnt matter when it comes to the solemnity of a country's consensus being jeopardized by mislead/misinformed opinions and foul language... keep doing it and other countrys with a grude will soon come after us, like in 9/11, and then we will cry for our leaders to "do something"... well HELLO!!!!!!!! thats what we are doing over there smart ones! protecting your freedom, so you can feel safe at home and have nothing better to do than practice your right to b!tch!
4. A leader is a leader and they will do whats best for our country and YES, that includes the good news that will be lower gas prices after this war ends. i wanna see you complain when that happens... dont be hypocrites!!!!

on a side note... it is our right to have weapons, they protect us, and we WILL use them IF necessary, WHEN necessary... thats what these people are saying, and they are saying it to a forum, which they have a right to as well... and please (hypocrites) you KNOW you have said something like, "i want to kill whomever did this" before so stop pretending like you are holier than the devine Shi$. I did when my house was robbed, and i DONT know what i would have done if i had caught them... depends on what i would have had in my hand probably, just like EVERYONE else.
- This is SFC C.Monroe (still pissed)

Anonymous

I have a question for you patriot, what branch of the armed services are you in?

one_pissed_patriot
Unregistered guest
U.S. Army, of course, why?

Anonymous

No offense, but they anger me. More specifically the Army Reserve. For many many reasons. First off, would like to start with my grudge against the Army branch as a whole. My uncle has been in the army for 19 years. He has recently been returned home from Iraq weeks shy of his 20th year in the army, and making him eligible for his retirement pension. They have just sent him his Military discharge, and that his contract has been terminated. He is only 42 years old, I'm not sure exactly what his rank is. My thoughts are that the only reason he's being discharged is so the army can save their pocket books and they won't have to pay him any kind of pension.

My second reason why I dislike the Army, and I say this about the army, because I have the most experience with them, is the recruiters. No offense, but when I was considering enlisting in the U.S. Army Reserve, they contacted me and I told them I was considering joining, so I went down to the Ol meps. The army recruiter told me that the only contract they offer was a 6 year contract, and that I would get an enlistment bonus. They neglected to tell me that I could sign up for a 4 year term, but I would forfeit my enlistment bonus. I found this out at MEPS. In addition to that, they also do not tell you that in addition to your term, you're also placed on a 4 year+ IR after your contract officially expires. The problem I have with this is that Most probably wouldn't know this, and think they're out after they do their 4-6 year reserve term. They might want to start a family, or do something like that, but suddenly their called to active duty, and with that lack of income, have their homes/lives ruined. Somehow, I find something a little shifty about that. Because of the army's "excellent treatment" how does the Army Justify loyalty, when they practice such penny pinching deceptive ways such as these?

Needless to say I did NOT join the US army Reserve.

How can they justify this Sergeant First Class?

armyguy
Unregistered guest
I see you know your stuff. Justify? Let me tell you one thing; Yes, sometimes the "deal" they give you (or dont) seems shi#y. I am not familiar with the current recruitment scheme, but I remember when i did it and yea, they dont tell you EVERYTHING all at once. They are essentially, salesmen, they are trying to get new people in the door. There is such negativism in the air right now that they need to find good LONG-TERM kids to join in as lifers. With regard to the contracts, I am pretty sure you can do a 2 or 4 or 6 or what not, with perks for the longer term, just like most things in life. They dont want to train anyone and then have them leave, they lose a lot of money every year in doing that. They want to get the most out of you and they will try, no harm in that right? I am not in the reserve, but let me let you in on something that holds true with all enlistees: Once you are in a place like this, and its up to you and your fellow soldys to save each others as#es out there, you wont be thinking about sh1t else man, and thats what they KNOW will happen. they count on it. and then the years you wanna be in wont matter so much. About your uncle, well, the Army's not what it used to be... anyone whos been here for a while, including your uncle, knows that. Politics play a much larger role now. And since Clinton fired half the military and cut the budget in '91, stories like that have not been unheard of- hell it basically, happened to my father. Your uncie might be spiteful of that, but ask him if he'd give up his years and experiences...he will most likely not. I also hope YOUR experiences with some as*hole recruiter will not change your mind about serving your country- as for me I am staying.

Anonymous

To be completely honest, I think the armed services is great. I don't like the crap that they are now doing. I'm sure they didn't have all this recruiting junk 20-40 years ago. But I like a lot of the stuff they are doing. I don't like the idea that they can put that IR stuff on you, and pull you back in after you "think" you're out. That's just wrong, what about the wife or kids. Other than that, I do like the armed services. And its not like I'm against the war. It just makes me angry when someone isn't upfront with telling me the truth. That kinda makes me mad.

Understandably so. . .

PeAcE
Unregistered guest
No offense, but beleive it or not, the US being in Iraq has everything to to with 9-11 as the superbowl. When will people wake up and smell the coffee. It's all about the money (oil that is) and Mr. Bush and freinds personal (money)agendas. Unfortunately, the troops are there annd now we have to finish what the warmongers started. What about Afghanistan? Resolved? Don't think so. 9-11 was Bin Laden (who is still at large) and Al Qaeda's doing. Saddam (who we supported at one time as for Bin Laden!) had nothing to do with it.

As for the freedom fighters, well let me remind you that there are so may horrible dictatorship/totalitarian systems and in many we actually support (Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, etc.), does that meen that we (the superheroes of the world) have to invade all theese countries and force them to adopt a democratic political system?!! Talk about hypocricy! Alot of you teenage kids don't even remember but the U.S. fought a cold war for almost 50 years, fighting the U.S.S.R. from invading other countries and forcing them to convert their political systems to a totalarist Comunist system. We fought them, and won. And now what do we do? We go and do what they did. Invade other countries for our own benifit, convert their political systems to one that is faverable to ours, and forget that the real threat is still out there.

We have to wake up people. Our reputation is bieng completely tarnished (from the not so good image it already had) while the big coorperate and political sharks get ritcher, and our deficiet rises beyond comprehention.
I'm in Europe now, and I have to hear lot's of crap about the states foreign policies. I didn't agree or like it at first, cuz I as for many, i beleived what our leaders said, but after a while, you sit back and look at the facts and see things clearer.

If you want the US to be the imperialist country that dominates the weaker,
well then sit back and enjoy while our forefathers cry in their graves, disgusted at the notion that they fought and died for our country in vain, for they now see what we have become, so alike the enemies they defeated.

Peace.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
cant you find somwhere else to discuss war and politics, im sure theres a forum out there for you somwhere

Anonymous

If it bothers you what we're discussing here, you don't have to read this thread now do you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
i read all the threads because i want to know all i can ABOUT CAR AUDIO....
now dont start me off ive got a short fuse...
if you hide behind an anonymous nametag then you carry NO WAIGHT in this forum whatsoever
talk war elsewhere your wasting MY time.

Anonymous

you guys are such a bunch of dumba$$ punks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
another waightless anon....
when will they learn

Fiend
Unregistered guest
hey jojomunky sounds like you got pwned, too bad sucka, lifes a b1tch aint it, dont cry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us