Wiring

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 432
Alright if you have a Dual 4-ohm sub and wire it in series to a 2-channel amp giving you 8-ohms and then bridge it into 4-ohms would you be getting more power from the sub then as if you just wired 1-channel + and -

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 434
Earthquake amp specs.

Number of channels: 2
Max Power output: 1000 Watts
RMS Power 4-Ohm Bridged: 1 x 400
RMS Power 2-Ohm Stereo: 2 x 300
RMS Power 4-ohm stereo: 2 x 200
Damping Factor: >800
Cross over slopes: 24dB/OCT
THD: >0.005
SNR: 90dB
Class: A/B
Speaker Connection: 8 Gauge
Power Connection: 4 Gauge
Input Type: High Level and Low Level RCA

Basically if I wired it in stereo I would only get 200w to that sub correct? but if I wire it in series and then bridge it at the amp wouldn't I get 400w then

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 435
would I get more power

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, New Numbers ...

Post Number: 760
i was going to try and answer this one, but I can only find answers for a mono amp. not sure on a 2 channel amp

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 126
If you wire a dual 4 ohm sub in series, to get 8 ohms, then your connecting the sub at 8 ohms! I dont understand how your bringing it back to 4 ohms???

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
yah, thats what I was gonna say, amp will not change the ohms that you wire the sub to

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 437
by bridging the amp, it's a 2-channel amp when you bridge your combining channels it's going from 8-ohm series wiring then when you bridge the amp in mono it gives it a 4-ohm load right

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 438
alright 1 more time, if you have 1 dual 4ohm sub and a 2-channel amp (the one above) and you wire the sub for 8 -ohm series and you connect the wires to ONE channel which would give you 8-ohms stereo (I think), but if you connect the wires in mono (bridged) don't the amp recieves a 4-ohm load because you are combining 1-channel to get the 400@ 4 ohm mono (bridged)

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 440
and isn't it with 2-channel amps when you bridge the amp see's half of the actual load for instance the sub is wired in 8-ohm series but when bridgeed (on 2-channel) amp it would see half the load which would be 4-ohms

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
i may be wrong, but i still say that bridging the amp will not change the ohm load....someone with a little more knowledge please answer this

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 441
the reason I am asking is because this is my first 2-channel amp my past 4 have been mono amps

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 129
Bridging it does not change the ohm load. The amp sees whatever the load is coming from the coils on the sub. So connecting the 2 4 ohm coils in series makes it 8 ohms, therefore 8 ohms is what the amp sees no matter how many channels your using on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2750
That means that the amp is stable to 4 ohms briged, meaning it will see the sub wired to 8 ohms, and give it about 1/2 of the power for a 4 ohm bridged set up. Follow?

Basicaly, it will not operate lower then 4 ohms bridged. It will work with higher ohm loads, such as your 8, but not lower then 4.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 443
What wiring option would give me the most power from this amp and my Dual 4 ohm sub would it be wire the sub in parallel but NOT bridge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us