Jeep Box Sealed and Ported w/kicker and mmatts!?!?

Anonymous

I'm building a burly Jeep Wrangler and need some help with a box design. I've seen and heard that it's better to have a box pointed towards the floor considering the topless nature of the vehicle. However, I live in the mountains most of the year, and I'll have a hardtop on it due to the cold and snow.
I was wondering if anyone can think of something wrong with a sealed box, loaded with a 15" Kicker Comp VR pointed towards the floor, insert divider wall, and then have a 15" Matts procast pointed towards the rear in a slot ported enclosure. I'm thinking Boom, and some loud quality, but wondering if they would cancel each other out somehow.

Oh yeah, any opinions on the Procast? I've never heard it, other than a bench test, but got it brand new for free, figured I coudln't beat that.

Thanks

blooo
Unregistered guest
hehe jeep wrangler, what colour hanky do you wear round your neck? haha jeep wrangler ha.

someone
Unregistered guest
hanky? dumb*ss. you mean Honky? besides quit talking sh*t about people

bloo eats poo
Unregistered guest
Actually it's a black bandana with little white skull and crossbones on it, but it's only around my neck at shows, but you probably wouldn't know what that is...I'll run over whatever honda your in sucka foo, assuming you can drive...why do I even bother...anyway help????

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 83
Hey there, visit my jeep wrangler and hot system to get some ideas...you can contact me from there, lately we've had alot of azzes on this board...
www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2

bloo still probably eats poo
Unregistered guest
Thanks, but still doesn't answer my questions. Other than the subs, I have a sick setup for speakers. I'll be running infinity speakers too, 6 so far. Along with some other brands, and soon to be some kicker amps. I'm dying to know what it sounds like, but I'm still working on everything else. Paint is getting slapped on in a few days, the Warn lift modified to my liking has been put on, ARB lockers, Dana 44's, gotta a Corvette LT1 engine to go in it, 33 or 35 inch tires, need to find a turbo 350 trans for the transfer case I got, and pick a ring and pinion (but will depend on tire size) and upgraded interior...super seats, new carpet, pods, auto gauges, B&M Megashifter, etc.
Anyway to long a post when I should be saying...ehh still need help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Okay, i'll answer it here then...yes i have infinities also, and the 32" adn teh blah blah blah, the speakers sound awesome, very loud, now for the 15" sub, since you have your hard top on why not face it to the back? so it will bounce to the front of the vehicle(however small it is, it will be extremely loud). Sealed should be good since its a 15" you don't want to get it to sound too sloppy by going to ported, plus that will take alot of jeepies space. oh yah, your taking your back seat out right?

Anonymous

Yeah, no back seat. And the top won't be on all the time. I surf in the summer snowboard in the winter, so the top will be off a lot in the summer. But yeah, I got 15's because of the open space, and figured a combination of the 2 types of boxes would work all around better. Either way it's going to slam with the top on, I'm just worried about top off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
you should go with one box style... one will overpower the other so you won't get the "mix" effect your looking for, and since you have back seat out, and your looking for lots of bass with top down, guess i'd go ported, even though with a sealed box with top down you'd have same bass just that it flows outside of vehicle, and even more peeps can hear it...

Anonymous

Thanks...As long as I have the sound, I don't care about other people, that's waisted energy in my book. I don't have much experience with sloted boxes, and have never heard one with a ton of bottom end. I listen to and play metalcore mostly, so I love the breakdowns that will just bottom out an infinite baffle guitar cab, yet want fast and tight double bass pedal sound too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us