Enclosure for 2 L7's

Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 6
How big should I build my box and to what frequency should I tune. I am buying 2 12" L7's and using my BD1000.1 to push 'em. I want them to slam, I listen to a lot of heavy music and rap. Please don't write back and say sealed because I've already done that and the only thing a sealed box is good for is $hitting in. I want them to be "loud!" I have a Impala so space isn't a big concern. Any imput would be great...except from big Gaay Jay.

Also If I have an amp that is 1-ohm stable should I get the Dual 2-ohm or 4-ohm subs?

thanx again

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 572
dual 4 ohm for a 1 ohm stable amp then run all wires paralell to the amp, get a 1 ohm load

Username: Jiggamang3105

Post Number: 3
well ur box should have at least 1.75cu ft of space per sub. and thats a minimum. also, for that one ohm load, i would highly recomend a kicker sx1250.1 with 1,250 watts rms @ 1 ohm. but u better make sure got at least 2 ga. wire goin to that thing.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 575
a sx1250.1 is a good $750 or more even..

not sure many people wanna spen that much - id rather buy a bp1200.1 with external subsonic filter

thats what id do...

Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 7
I already have the BD1000.1

It's a good amp I can get 1000 rms to one channel and for now that'll have to do.

So I'll get the dual 4-ohm L7's. I'll wire it in parallel so I should get a 1-ohm load?

Can anyone be more specific with the box volume. I heard a bigger box, ported or no, would slam louder. If this is so, should I go with 2.5 cuft per sub? That's one big box. Anyone got dimensions on a 5.0 cuft ported box. To what frequency should I tune?

Again I appreciate all the help fellas.

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 31
Make a box that will have 3.25 cuft of internal volume after the sub has been installed. Your port should be 3"x13.25" and 14.5" long. Make sure that their is at least 3 inches of space behind the port inside the box or otherwise your tuning frequency will be all messed up. The box is tuned to about 34 hz I think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us