Need an amp for an SWX-1242D

Username: Aqua_acura

Post Number: 1
I've been looking around last minute, right before I was about to get an Alpine MRD-M1005, and I have found 2 other possibilities. These are my Finals FOR SURE. They are:
Alpine MRD-M1005-328$ shipped, no warrenty
Diamond D5800.1(just sould out of 1200.1)-325$ shipped, one year repair warrenty
MTX TE801D-375 shipped, one year repair warrenty

Budget: 375$(would obviously like to spend as little as possible)
Amp will be powering an Alpine SWX-1242D (Type-x 12 Inch Dual 4 ohm coils)-Rms wattage is 500-1000(power hungry)

If you could, I'd like to know which amp you'd recommend for performance, then what's the best value. Sorry to bring this thread back, but I just need some final input! Thanks.

Post Number: 2
Also, I just found that I can get a JBL GTO1201.1 for 320$. Only problem with this is it may draw too much current... Opinions?

Post Number: 3
up up

Bronze Member
Username: Mark872

Post Number: 41
just get the alpine mrd-m1005..thats what i have to my X's and they work great

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4866
Bro get the cheapest one, the JBL on this case.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1471
kicker zx1000.1 puts out 1000 rms at 2 ohms (perfet for one dual 4 ohm vc sub) and should be less than 300

Post Number: 4
kicker is around 380 from a store(sorry, don't trust ebay yet), and plus i absolutely hate kicker. they have great products, i can't deny that, however i just can't like them for one reason or another. I guess this is between the alpine and the jbl then...which is better and would i need any upgrades to electrical system(NOT wanted)?

Post Number: 5
up

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12721
"and would i need any upgrades to electrical system(NOT wanted)"

Depending on how big your stock alternator is you may need an upgrade...

and ask for amps...the I would get the JBL.since typex's tend to be a bit power hungry..But why not trust ebay???

Post Number: 9
Sorry for the lack of upgrades...my local store had a sale on the mrd-m1005...300$ with a warranty, can't beat that. Thanks for all the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us