Honest opinion!!! Kole MFW series 10" sub...good or bad?

Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 10
I made a thread about the 12" DHD DVC sub about two weeks ago. Im back looking at a new sub to run, that Kole mini sub they have out there. I dont have much trunk space, so this would seem like a good idea to save space since it only needs 1.0 cubic sq ft in a sealed box. HONESTLY, is this a good sub or not?

On another note, DHD is crap unless you are running a Legacy amp on it and trying to cover up road noise. It lasted 7 DAYS on that Volfenhag amp of mine. Lucky for me I bought it from a store where they have a no hassle return policy for faulty merchandise. the sub said it could handle 1000max per vc but 500rms. that freaking sub could not handle 80% power (200 watts) per VC. PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT BUY THE DHD!!!! To make sure that my amp was working properly and it was wired right, I took it to a car audio shop. everything was cool but he also recommended that I get rid of the DHD because he never heard of it before. It looks nice but looks aint everything, and that the DVC is not worth the sh.t they used for fuel in the MAD MAX movie Mel Gibson played in. yet he asked me could he use my amp to see if he would invest into an economy line product for his store. Business is business. That piece of crap amp pushed the sh.t out of 2 JL Audio 12W7's he was using to set up for a car show in June out here in Arkansas. He also used a Hifonics Class D amp on the subs and they did not hit as hard as when hooked up to the Volfenhag 7180 amp. I have to say it is a piece of crap I am enjoying a lot nowadays.

but back to the Kole subwoofer, is it good or not? and would it sound good in a ported box (recommended box is sealed) or not? And who has had the sub and their results with the sub?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3053
kole is about equal to dhd.
kole is another company that tries to get a very similar name to a very good company so people mistake the two and buy the crap.
KOVE AUDIO is a very high end company.
"Kole" isn't.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
isn't SPL Electronics the maker of Kole Audio? and arent SPL subs any good either? Now I know they are some good!!!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3129
the "SPL" subs aren't that great either if you really want my opinion on them.
You'd get better performance from a pair of $60 Kicker Comp subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I have a question: are you into the performance of the subs, the cosmetics, or just the name of high end companies? Im not really into name completely. But I am into cosmetics of the subs and if the subs deliver what I want from them: BASS!!! There is no competitons for me other than myself and myr friends. Besides, I dont listen to heavy metal and sh't like that. I make music: hip hop and r&b. I dont need complete reproduction of every guitar riff or every piano pluck to be honest. I want bass with good looks, pleasing to my eye

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 576
ahahha ur what audiobahn goes after

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
actually audiobahn are some horrible looking subs!!! they sound nice but I like Neo-looking designs on subs. DHD provided that until they proved to be the equivalent of paper cups with someone humming through them. Kole provides the look I need and bass I want. Some of you all may be deaf after you listen to Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit at full blast (although I like them) but I just want to hear and feel the music without causing my lungs to lose breath

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 56
always remember you get what you pay for!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3143
I care about the performance and reliability of the speakers.

I don't care how they look. I don't stare at tehm. I listen to them. This is an *audio* system after all. Many enclosures, you never see the subs anyway.. AP, bandpass, etc.. the speakers are enclosed clopletely.

"Name" comes with reputation, which comes from having good, reliable, high performance products.
Name only matters in regards to things like product support, warranty coverage, etc.

I dislike brands like SPL, DHD, American Bass, Legacy, Pyramid, Audiobahn, and so forth usually for one of two reasons: they fall apart, or self-destruct in fairly short order, even in a well-built system, or they sound like @ss regardless of efforts to install them properly.

I don't really care if a sub looks like a giant v@gina though, as long as it hits hard, and holds up.

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 59
a gian tvagina sub would be somthing to see
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us