Serious Subwoofers

Username: Mac1

Post Number: 1
I recently put my pair of 12" aluminum cone eclipses run by my eclipse 200w X 2 channel amp into my 1996 Monte Carlo and they sound like crap. Before I had them in my 1992 explorer sport which they sounded great in. So me, bein the bass hungry guy that I am, is looking for an alternative. Is there a way to make these sound any better or is there a pair of 12's out their for a reasonable price that could part my hair? I also wondered if it would be louder to buy another amp and wire each sub to each amp to mabye add more bass. Now I'm a newbie to all of this so if i sound like a rambling idiot sorry about that but could somebody please help!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3044
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

that should help if you're ready to do a bit of work on the car to improve the sound.

Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 6
that amp is very underpowered for those subs. get a 1000 watt mono class d amp. you gotta remember too that the seats in the monte are going to drown it out a little, especially compaired to your explorer.

JBL BP 1200.1, 1200 watts but would also be a good investment

Rockford Fosgate 1001BD

Username: Mac1

Post Number: 2
thanks for the tip Stick. Do you think that would sound better then having two separate amps?

Anonymous

I prefer a single amp, you know the power is distributed equally. 2 amps of the same make and brand are still going to be a little different. Plus, less wiring and install work.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 128
There is alot you can do to improve the exsiting subs you have, higher quality AMP with more watts (ie: Rockford, JL, JBL, kicker), better box (ie: bigger or smaller, more angles), Different placement or arrangment (ie: face to back, face to sides, face to front). Play around the subs should be good, but there is always better!

Anonymous

Eclipse amps are high quality themselves, better than Rockford. Just need a more powerful amp. JBL 600.1 will work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us