Earthquake? Hifonics? Lanzar?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1777
Got a friend that wants me to build him a "simple" "budget system".

Looking for a ~3,000wrms amp.

Looking at these three:
Earthquake PHD5000W
Hifonics XX-THOR
Lanzar VIBE3100D

Any input on these models or something around that price range? We're looking at $1,500 or so for a setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1778
Looked at the MA Audio 4kw too. How does it compare? We're not sure on the subs yet, still looking into those. I'm getting a larger amp than needed because I know he'll be wanting more once we get it all hooked up...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6416
I hope your friend has HO alternator. If not, something's going to give after 3000w is blasted.
For budget amp, flip a coin between Hifonics, Vibe and MA.
I'd personally go with Xtant/MTX.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1779
Yea, we're going to do some electrical upgrades. Already have an alternator on order.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1026
I have an earthquake D-10 for sale....Not sure on how much you were expecting to pay though??

The D-10 Does more power than my Helix 1000.2 amp, gained 1.2db with it.

let me know if you are interested and we can go from there, I also have 100$ feedback on ebay, "mixmastaspig".

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1375
Regarding Lanzar - the only amp I'd trust from them for that much power and some reliability is the Opti4000D.

The 3100D is probably a capable amp, but logically I just don't see ~3000w for <$400.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4315
Jake there was a guy selling Hifonics Thors on CA.com.Go take a look over there.Please forget about the MA amplifier,they're garbage budget amps that have a high rate of failure.I'd either go with the Earthquake amp or the Thor.I'd pick the Thor over all the others though.I believe they were selling for 5-600.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
Thank you for all your input. I remembered that MA weren't very good. But it's been a LOOOONG time since I've dealt with this newer stuff. For myself, I'll probably be getting that new RD amp from Kevin. Would go perfectly with my Eclipse Titaniums.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1781
And do Earthquake amps put out their rated power? They seem quite small!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4329
I've heard that they're under-rated a bit but a lot of people on this forum don't like Earthquake for reasons that I won't get into but I've known of some serious shops that have sold Earthquake for years without having problems.It's just when noobs get their hands on them they're not the most durable amps.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1027
I have had no issues with my D-10 and I know 3 others who run them...one guys runs 2 strapped @ .25 ohm.......Only reason Im selling is because I bought an RD 5750.1

James Chevrette (termpro) runs one @ .5ohm on a single Sound Stream in an aero ported box in a sprint and does 152ish db at db drag events.

The only times heard of people smoking their D-10 is when they give them under 12v @ low ohms (under 1ohm) or try to give them 15+ volts.

Toss out a price if you are interested in my amp Here is a link to the amp for pics, price is negotiable. They are tiny for their power and they are also fairly light as they are hollowed out aluminum (so I was told)

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showproduct.php?product=154615

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2497
Jake Hill

What is your budget for amp?

Gold Member

Moody AFB, GA United States

Post Number: 1782
Somewhere around $500. The less the better... :-D

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1028
Hrmm, would you be interested in the D-10?

I want to see how much shipping is to the US and I might be able to do like $550~ shipped (if you want it) So if you are give me your postal code and I will see how much fully insured it would be.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4856
Earthquake isn't overrated IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1783

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1029
K I will phone in tomorrow and see what shipping will cost. I am basically looking to get $500 plus shipping, if shipping isn't ridiculous mind you.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1030
Went on-line and got this as an estimate to Georgia and that is fully insured for $500 (can do more if wished).

Base Price $63.35
Delivery confirmation Included
Fuel surcharge $4.91
Coverage $4.80
Total $73.06

If 30 pounds and not 40 pounds the total: ($58.78)

Let me know if you are still interested as if so I will go down on a lunch break and get them to weigh it as I went with the measurements from the site but it had no weight so I guessed. I would assume 40-60 for shipping fully insured. Just can't actually take it out yet as I need it Sunday...lol so Monday is when I could ship it out if payed by paypal!

I am a verified user on paypal as well as on ebay (mixmastaspig)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3438
Mike is the D10 moded and strapped? They have protection to cutoff at 1ohm. I have dealt with them and it took earthquake forever to give me that answer. If you can power the earthquakes with enough power and run them at the proper load you wont have any issues but they wont run daily at lower 2ohm for the longest. They will just give out when you least expect it. I have a PHD5000D it works fine. I wouldnt really look into MA or anything tho.... wouldnt trust it.... I atleast know the PHD5000 will still run fine at 13V without getting to hot.

ALso so you are sure about the D10, it is only going to do 3Krms unless strapped to another amp, ive seen sombody almost get ripped off on this forum by thinking it did 6Krms until i had him read the manual. I also have a Kicker Zx2500.1 ive been trying to get rid of to... but people are thinking its fishy because i didnt answer some posts i didnt see? but ehhh.... 450 +shipping if u want it. you wont find it anywhere cheaper then that. I was doing it for a bit cheaper yesterday cuz i needed the money but i got that problem squared away. and if any body did want to buy it so people can stop thinking im trying to rip sum1 off (every1 knows i only have 1 of these amps) i can make a video with the person who wants it name on the amp and show that it works along with the serial of the amp, and if your from chicago and wanted to pick it up it would be tested working in your face (rob) :p

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1031
The D-10 is not currently strapped (or modded as far as I know) and I have been using it daily @ .5ohm with the gains just over halfway and I have had no issues with it and it's too loud sometimes for music.

Yeah he is looking for a 3krms amp not 6krms I told him it was only 3krms.

I am pretty sure I am the guy who thought it was 6k...lol as I did until you told me so I downloaded the manual and lo and behold it was only 3krms.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3440
haha ya i forgot who it was i jsut wanted to makesure no1 did it themself, your gain must be set under what it should be set at to if its working that low, i could never get the protection to not go off unless i had it at 50% output

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1032
I almost max the gains when I compete.

It has never gotten too hot so I can't touch it and that was in 35oC weather! Never had it shut off or anything and the Voltage drop is minmal on those burps.

A guy runs 2 strapped (un modded) and burps at 1/4ohm. I have no idea what the output is at .5omh as their site also says it does 5kmax.......

So far the amp is great I just need more power and the 5750.1 is my answer...lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6435
Something doesn't sound right. How many watts are you talking about? Are you giving the amp the needed current and voltage?
I've heard too many people say 3000w rms isn't loud enough, and that they will need 6000w rms.
Am I missing something here?
I fed my RE 15" MT around 1200w rms and it was loud enough to trigger car alarm in the parking lot. You certainly couldn't sit in the car for long. So if your amp is 3000w, then I'm positive it's not getting adequate power.
If I feed 3000w, my car would've been destroyed. So if you guys say 3000w+ isn't loud enough, something's wrong with your setup.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1033
the D-10 is 3krms and I run 2x12" premier subs (1krms-3kmax each) and hit 144.1db in my trunk....thats loud for me. I also have a 200a alt (maybe 250a) from excessive and when running I have to crank the crap outa it before the volts go down to around 12.5ish.

I just want to be louder as I compete daily 3k is over the top, but that's what I am aiming for. I also use my stereo daily so I don't use one hit wonder boxes, I need some music as well.

I want to be in the 150's and remain in Street B, that's why I ordered the 5750 and I plan on getting subs that can handle the 2-3krms as I am sure the 5750 will blow the premier's in daily.

As I said before I ran a Helix Dark Blue 1000.2 (2krms, for sale still) and I gained 1.4db by swapping to the D-10 (car off, db drag, termlab on dash passenge side), and Helix is much, much more expensive than the Earthquake.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1048
I take it your not interested in the amp then?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1785
Been thinking about what exactly I'm gonna do. Sorry...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4397
"Something doesn't sound right. How many watts are you talking about? Are you giving the amp the needed current and voltage?
I've heard too many people say 3000w rms isn't loud enough, and that they will need 6000w rms.
Am I missing something here?
I fed my RE 15" MT around 1200w rms and it was loud enough to trigger car alarm in the parking lot. You certainly couldn't sit in the car for long. So if your amp is 3000w, then I'm positive it's not getting adequate power.
If I feed 3000w, my car would've been destroyed. So if you guys say 3000w+ isn't loud enough, something's wrong with your setup."

It all depends on how the sensitivity is set on the car's alarm.I'm running quite a bit more than 3K RMS and of course I still want to be louder.There's nothing wrong with the setups Isaac, it's just that it's addictive.I have also drove for well over an hour a couple times with the system playing pretty loud the whole way,I can admit(stupidly) that my hearing is not what it used to be.What kind of car do you have to be destroyed by 3krms?A Volkswagen Beetle?Perhaps a Kia?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1054
No worries Jake! A couple of people are looking but no one is moving yet..lol

Rob, I agree why have 3k when you can have 6k?...lol Especially when you compete.

I got my resutls from my comp with the 5750.1 amp (posted on sub thread under the AMP is here) just have to upgrade my subs and engine wires and perhaps a new box.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1055
OH and my Earthquake is NOT the PHD5,000W it is the PHD10,000 (Red model) so you can strap it if needed......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us