Hifonics = Real Power ??? .....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11979
i... know last yr that there were a few pics online of "official" tests done by some ppl implying the 2005 Brutus lines were overrated & they actually do about 85% of rated power

BUT what i want to know is about their Brutus 2006\7 models if it puts out real rated power ?????? .....

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1589
I dont have experience with the hifo's but I have read that this years models are much more accurately rated.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10192
Rovin the tests on the o6/07 were worse then the test on the 05. They put out about 70% rated power.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11982
i value ur opinion James but i would like to see some bench test or some solid online proof ...price on it for a '2000wrms' amp is excellent so i was thinking about doing a set with 1 .....

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1024
On the Termpro audio website there are a few reps and a LOT of people who run them and they state rated power, if not under rated.

I have no opinions as I have never ran one though.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=20;hardset=0;start_point=0;DaysPrune=0

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5833
i have a hifo 1206d supposed to do 1200rms at 1 ohm but i have not had it benched and it did not come with actual power rating sheet.....i would like to get it tested one day tho

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 226
I had a 2006d. Still don't think it did rated power, but it pushed everything I put it on very well for the price tag.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 656
no offence but the words "solid online proof" just dont seam reliable. Anyone can make a website.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11994
well im trying to see any site or link which can show some sort of test dont on it ....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4316
Rovin,look into their XX line,that's Hifonics' bread and butter.Those amps are all under-rated but they're BXwtfever series aren't all that.It's like the transition between Pioneer head units and Pioneer Premier.You know you'd but the Premier without thinking twice usually but the normal Pioneer are complete trash and have build builds most of the time.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 978
try a soundstream pca2000d. mine benched at about 1875w at 1 ohm. can be had for about 450$ and i think it is very well made despite what everyone says about soundstream.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12003
^^very interesting u should mention that SS amp since i currently own 1 of those & reason 4 this thread was thinking about if i got 1 of those Hif brutus : if it would be an upgrade or will i be in a different seat in the same 2000wrms boat ? ...

just wanted to try out a Hif since that SS is very common in my country & wanted something just to be different .........

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1672
im lookin through bookmarks now for the site. a guy benched every brutus amp hifonics had. dont know what yr tho. i do remember seeing the 1600 one doing 1420. only reason i remember that is cuz i used to own that amp.im pretty positive 2000 was 17xx. they were all overrated tho

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1673
x2 on what rob said^^^ XX series

Silver Member

Post Number: 985
i don't think the HIFO would be an upgrade, if it was it'd be minimal. you could get the 2607 and it would probably put out about 2200-2300 watts.

what is the budget?

Silver Member

Post Number: 986
just found this if it's in your budget. Definately an upgrade...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-POWER-AMPLIFIER-T20001BD-MONO-CAR-AMP_W0QQi temZ320149786072QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 934
Perhaps its over rated, but rated at 18v, like the new models appear to be.

IE XXX10000 (6500w)

*shrugs*

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10323
damn

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 539
18v wow and I thought MA was bad

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10331
yeah seriously

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2708
But look is not queztion bout powwer you dudes dun no hifonniccs lik i do but yea deal is it not like keeker so yea. but hiffonics it do sum poweer like mabe close to speks.

Signed,

Lil Rob

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9446

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1612
LMMFAO

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10345
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:-)

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 726
hahaha holy sh!t lmfao

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2534
This is the only review I can find.
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0608_cae_hifonics_xx_goliath_amplifier/in dex.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us