Lots of scopes!!

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 937
Hey guys, a lot of you don't know me but I used to be a regular around these parts a few years ago. I'm in my third year in electrical engineering at the university of maryland and soon hopefully I'll be helping design some of the stuff you guys are listening to.

Getting to the point, I just bought a bunch of oscilloscopes from my school and I figured some of you guys might be interested in picking up these scopes at a great price. The people who I bought them from really had no idea what they were so I can sell them really cheaply to you guys if you're interested. I'm thinking $85 shipped which is cheap considering these babies cost the school over 2 grand a few years ago, and are made by Tektronix, which is by far the most respected name around. The ones I bought are in great condition physically and cosmetically.

Here's the specs:

Tektronix T921
analog
2-channel
15MHz

pm me or post on this thread if you're interested.

For those who may not know yet, an oscilloscope is basically a volt meter that has a graphical display. Meaning if you hook it up to the output of your amplifier, it will show you the sine wave output. This is really the best way to set amp gains because you can see immediately if the signal is at all clipped. I've used mine for tons of other things too and I think you'll find its really the most essential piece of test equipment you can buy. www.bcae1.com has plenty of stuff about oscilloscopes too if I remember correctly.

Upload
Upload
Upload
}

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 648
I can give you 50 shipped if a few people vouch for you (like glasswolf or someone like that) and someone backs you up on the fact that you can use that to set gains. That thing looks beast like tho

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3303
If it was at least 100mhz I would have taken one for audio repair. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 116
Scuba steve do you got Xbox live? i used to play with a guy named scuba steve alot.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 939
sorry nate, I can't do 50 shipped but I used to have plenty of correspondence with glass. As for using it to set gains, I'm sure thats what glass would use, there's no question in my mind.

Oh, and no I don't have xbox live, although I am a halo addict.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 119
Thats crazy tho cuz I played halo 2 with this guy names scuba steve lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us