Technical Difficulties ...

Username: Damartin1984

Post Number: 2
Recently I was driving and made a sharp turn and some wires were pulled loose from my amplifier. Among them was the remote/power/ground. Immediately after this occurred my front driver side speaker became extremely loud, making cracking and popping noises. After that my power and ground wires touched and blew the fuse on the amp (the one connecting the amp to the battery) and the fuses on the amp were blown. I removed the front speaker, hooked the wires back up to the amp , replaced all the fuses that were blown and the system will not work. I removed the subs and checked to make sure the wires were still connected, they were. I am at a loss. Any tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It may also be worth noting I have had the entire system since 2002. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4230
Stick to one thread please.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 61
Check for power at the amp, but some amps if the 12v touches the case with the ground still on it will blow a trace in the amp.

Post Number: 5
Sorry about that Rob, I just didn't know which thread to put it under ... and regarding sqcheap's help, the amp has power (the fans inside the amp have power as well) it still lights up like normal ... it just doesn't give the subs power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Guess I would look at input next, are you sure the RCAs are good and working; bringing signal to the amp? The amp might still be broke and the lights and stuff work, I have an explode like that and it looks perfect inside. No smell either.

Post Number: 6
I question the RCA cables. I think I will buy some new RCA's anyway. And it's been a long time (4+ years) since I've done work on the system so just to get this straight, the RCA's plug into the back of the deck right? I haven't looked at it yet, but when the remote gets plugged into the amp, it turns on and resumes normal function, minus powering the subs. And I also took the amp face off and cleaned the whole thing, nothing looked or smelled funky inside it. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll post whenever I try something new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Is this a 5ch and the high side works, or just sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us