Bass cuts in and out

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 847
i have a kx2500.1 and 2 fi q's in my car for about a month...all of a sudden my bass cuts out today and then comes back on and my amp goes into protect mode. it seems to only happen when the music is up and the subs are pounding really hard. it sometimes cuts out for like a minute or so and then comes back on pounding again. i checked all my grounds and cant find what the problem is. it seems really wierd that it started happenin for the first time in a month.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark872

Post Number: 43
Seems like just some wires are touching somewhere...thats usually the case if it just started doing it all of a sudden and only does it when u have ur music up loud

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 323
check your ground wire and your fuse... i know the same type of sh*t was happening to me and that was the problem. good luck

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 855
i thkn my power wire was coming out of the amp. i just pulled it out all the way for now because it kept hitting the ground and causing a spark.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 857
well thats not the problem. do u think it has to anything to do with my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 540
what ohm load are you running the q's at? also are your gains set correctly? make sure all of your grounds are still secure.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 858
im running them at a 2ohm load. they are dual vc. and my gains are set correctly. i havent changed them since i hooked up the amp. i will check the grounds one more time. i also hear like a poppin sound when they cut out.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 859
anyone else have a suggestion or have this happen to them?

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 149
So the subs are dual 2 ohms?

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 150
They would have to be dual 2ohms to get a final impedance of 2 ohms...
Just making sure your running them at 2 ohms since the kx2500.1 is not stable at 1 ohm...

Bronze Member
Username: Khae

Post Number: 69
it could be your wireing connections... same thing happen to me n my kickers using a kx 1200.1 to power a 15 inch l7 it kept on goin into protection mode as well on and offf when it gets turned up high..... n i checked all the wires it was my ground... had a bad ground spot.. so i replaced it to a better place and it stoped doing that.... but it did that once so far it was cus i didnt clean the part of where i grounded it better like scrap it to bare metal where the ground is goin to be...

Username: Ghavens1981

Lexington , Ky United states

Post Number: 1
need help i have 2 12 inch mtx 7500s and a 1000 watt distinct audio amp the subs seem to sometimes hit harder then at other times

Username: Ghavens1981

Lexington , Ky United states

Post Number: 2
cant get the low bass outta my subs i know they are capable of

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 151
You should start a new thread greg.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 668