Eclipse

Username: Fl0www

Post Number: 1
i was wondering what anyones opinion is on the eclipse 12" sw6200...they have one left in our car audio department...and they are not dealing with eclipse anymore

Post Number: 2
someone must have listened to this sub at one point in time

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1954
ive dealt with the 10" model. good subs. very nice sound quality and get kinda loud in sealed enclosures. i say get it if you can get it cheap. i think you can get them off ebay for around 100, sooo...

heres the install i just did with two 10"s.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5410/halfinstallnb4.jpg

Post Number: 3
very nice install tremor. thanks for lettin me know, i can get a 12" here for $150. don't have to deal with shipping and i get a warranty thanks for heads up

Post Number: 4
does it have to be a sealed enclosure? and if so maybe you could give me the specs on a box for a single sub so i can give it to our car audio installer here lol he might not know what he is doing

Bronze Member
Username: Sqlspl

Derby, CT

Post Number: 78
Those 12 inch Eclipses bang in a sealed enclosure. My buddy Nick has them in his Jetta with the factory sealed box and they hit hard. We listen to hardcore and metal more than anything and they don't miss a beat off the double-bass.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8561
I have a 12" TI for sale. Not for $150 tho.

Post Number: 5
12" TI what kind of wattage? i'm not wanting like 1000watts rms...this is a daily driver..i'm not going to a competition...just want some nice bass

Post Number: 6
8200 or 7200 series paul?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8565
It's the older 88120. 750wrms. Check the comparison.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0112cae_subwoofer_comparison/

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/363174.html

Post Number: 7
yea i don't need something that powerful

Gold Member

Post Number: 1956
that install wasnt all the way done, it looks kinda junky where you can see bare metal under the kicker amp. its all pretty now... :-)

and that sub doesnt have to be sealed but if you put it in a ported box tune it very low, around 30hz and you should get pretty loud but very musical bass.

you will like that sub...

you need to post your deminsions that you have to work with in order to design a box. or it will make it easier... :-) and what kinda car is it going in? and if you prefer ported vs. sealed.

sealed should end up sounding better but if you tune your ported box low, it will still sound great...

Post Number: 8
i will get that sub then :-) it's going in an older malibu. as for sealed vs ported i'm not sure i don't believe i've ever heard a sealed sub before to be honest only ht subs or smaller portable home stereos all which were ported

Gold Member

Post Number: 1961
"i don't believe i've ever heard a sealed sub before to be honest"

wild... most people start out not having any experience with anything ported, really. my first systems were sealed prefab boxes.

my first system ever was a pair of 15" RF series 1 subs in a sealed single cab truck wedge box that i sat in the trunk of a honda civic.

i started out super-ghetto. that box was very small for them...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1962
feel like testing out a newly redesigned subwoofer from a popular high end car audio company?

try the ascendant audio assassin.

i believe the 12" is $150 or less, will work well with the same amount of power you already plan to use, has warranty and should sound as good or better than the eclipse.

really nothing to lose unless you just wanna beat the shipping or already have you mind completely made up...

Post Number: 9
yea i can't remember a time i've heard a sealed sub before. i have no idea what the difference between the two would be. but you know anyone that has tried a eclipse amplifier? i'd like to stick to the same brand name. i just notice their amps are pricey

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1022
well im going to get my 4 12" eclipse sw6200 here pretty soon they should get here sometime this week as soon as i build a box and power them i can give you a review Jonny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
using sealed enclosure raymond? or going ported? i'm getting a sw6200 on payday :-) no amp for it yet but it's all good hopefully i can get an eclipse amp for it but damn they are expensive ones.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1025
im still debating i dont know i want to go sealed to hear real sq but i still want it to be loud so i dont know

Gold Member

Post Number: 1968
i say its perfectly cool to mix brands if you get good quality and try to mix them up tastefully.

a kicker zx series amplifier compliments almost any kind of sub or speakers nicely IMO.

ebay...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
you know anyone who uses any eclipse amps? and what their opinions on it were?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1970
i dont personally but ive never heard bad stuff about them.

most anything made by eclipse is good quality.

i say go for it, i doubt you will really have any problems if you set it right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i used to have 2 of their 3 way 6x9's i did not like them at all...they blew playing off the head unit...pathetic IMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1977
6x9s dont really count, they always suck, most around here will agree. the tweets are usually loud as hell on them though, haha...

thats why they make mounting brackets to replace 6x9s with 6.5s or 5.25s... :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1978
i would think their amps would be of good quality because they have over time made some of arguably the greatest sound quality head units on tha werld... :-)

they were one of the only companies to make the copper body head units. almost the best money can buy...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
can you still get those head units?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us