Some fan help plz

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1321
well last night i stopped on the way home. and i cranked it up and opened up the back and felt the amp. and it was runnin real hot and the lights were dimming. now is this something i could fix with just simply ventilating the amp right, cuz right now its below the box in a cargo spot and isnt well ventilaeted, or am i clipping the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I make it rain.

Post Number: 8368
What amp?

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1322
nine.1 oh and i got the money man, thanks

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1323
and i have a trailblazer with a 150 amp alt, and i seen ppl with bigger amps and smaller alts doin okay, i dunno wat it is lol

Bronze Member
Username: Csuho

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 12
more than likely its gettin hot becuz of the lack of air flow. i would just relay a computer fan off the remote turn on and mount it somewhere to blow on the amp.

i had the same problem be4 with a ss 10.0 and it would almost burn you it was that hot but i put the fan on it and it never got hot again.

as for the lights dimming you might have stressed the battery. is it still stock? you might want to upgrade that if its not. maybe add a 2nd battery?

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1324
bump

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3465
You can try removing the top cover off the amp but it's not a very safe thing to do.It has worked in the past though.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1456
my lights dim and im only running 1000rms i wouldnt worry bout that as long as its not extreamly bad. As for the amp just put a fan on it or move it to a spot with more airflow

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3316
It could be lack of airflow and the summer heat.... my amp gets hotter then sh1t and i dont even have the gain set correctly (its lower then the max output) and i never drop under 13.2V 140A alt. on a zx2500.1 try a fan to get some air circulation, im about to do the same. Check it on a cold night and see if its the same, my amp didnt get hot at all when i had it in the cargo area which has some circulation, and i had it running only on the stock batt at that time.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1326
yea i think imma try n do a fan cuz i like how it looks with it up under the box, any suggestions on how i could wire it up?

Bronze Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 23
use a relay and get the singal from ur remote wire. that way it turns on and off with the amp. easiest and best way to do it.

Gold Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1327
aight that sounds good chris but could u elaborate a lil more, how exactly go about doin this? wats a relay?

Bronze Member

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 28
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

that should explain it better than i could
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us